Notices

Recovery Support

Old 06-27-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery Support

Have calmed down from a thread that i posted that was shut down over the weekend but have been really disolussioned with post recovery support in general, i cant understand why. I wonder if its my personality, the way i putthings across. I genuinely think im an open person. It was really frustrating on Saturday when i just needed that little pick up.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi zo0378

It's a really hard job trying to moderate these forums, and try and be fair to everyone.

Some topics can really get out of control fast. Some topics may best belong in other forums.

I read the thread and the closing post by the Mod - I think it would be a mistake to take the shutting of your thread personally.

I hope the longer you stay around the more you'll come to see how safe welcoming & supportive this place is, and appreciate the work that goes into keeping it that way

If you still are upset, or unsure, about what happened and why, please PM the Mod who closed the thread - thats the best way to get things sorted

D
Old 06-27-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I understand it must be a difficult job. I guess putting it another way i deal with my recovery with i suppose dark humour so when I do need a slight pick up, i dont feel listened to sometimes. I struggle with AA, i have genuinely tried to be open to it but i guess i dont find its format suits me, I am pretty black and white when I think about recovery, either i want to go down the road I was or I can stop drinking and be calm and allow things to be ok. I have been told how it is important to work on recovery when sober but am so struggling to find what works if you see what I mean.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The closing of that thread didn't seem to have been directed at you, Zo but I understand. I would have been upset too :-)
Old 06-27-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll find you're always listened to here zoO378 - with 150 thousand members there's going to be some people here om SR who will be on your on your wavelength

Plenty of different approaches too so you can work out for yourself what might work best for you

D
Old 06-27-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey ZO

I understand feeling upset about the thread. I think it was a timing issue as the vote in Britain has been a pretty decisive and sensitive topic. Those that got political should have seen that the thread was not about the decision. The US is in a weird place right now with our vote coming up....also going to be a very decisive time. I hope people keep their political views to themselves.

That being said, don't stop posting your feelings. Have you tried individual counseling as well?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yes I have private counselling every 3 weeks. Definitely helps but bloody expensive
Old 06-27-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh no Dee, I hope I didn't come across as a cocky git...doh. ahhhhh I never seem to be able to get across what i mean
Old 06-27-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anyway feel better already. Just have been having a self indulgent moment. Over it
Old 06-27-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't think that at all Zo.
Have a good day

D