Notices

anyone else with this issue...?

Old 01-11-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anyone else with this issue...?

Ugh. This is embarassing but here goes...
I stink no matter what, I can shower 3 times a day and still... if I do not put on deodorant asap, I am doomed. I feel so ladylike. This sucks. Now I can count how many times I drank on one hand in the past 6 months so I am pretty sure the whole detox thing is not it. I feel disgusting, I wear deodorant not antiperspirant and do not smoke.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Change deodorants, sleepie. They're formulated differently. You have to find one that works with your body chemistry.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is a paucity of deodorants available to females... we are not meant to sweat it seems, shelves and shelves of antiperspirants at the market, then the 6 and 7 dollar "natural" deodorants... and don't even get me started on that crystal thingie...nice racket, swipe a rock under my armpits?
Old 01-11-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I use essential oil of pine in my lady pits. People seems to enjoy the scent and it nuke bacterias and stuff (and we all know, I not shower for weeks on end).

Also, some foods can make you sweat smell really intense, as can excessive stressing out. But I know you cool as cucumber in Ice Land, so that not you.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am wondering if this is related to my female issues

what a broken "F" I am.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

I have a pretty strong sense of smell and to honest find everyone smells. Perfumes deodorants all just make worse in my opinion. That being said my own odor even when offensive which is often no longer phases me. I figure if my odor offends someone oh well I could prolly find the same or something else about someone offensive to if I wanted too.

Dunno guess I'm out to impress no one thus I don't care.

Do you eat a lot of something that could cause it like lots of kimchi or garlic or something?

Maybe your sense of smell is just really good too. If only most people could smell themselves lol.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

I rarely ever wear deodorant upon occasion I will use baking soda
Old 01-11-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

lol

I know, my middle name.... "sleepie zen garden of serenity and everlasting chill"

Alright I wonder if chronic stress makes this worse or if it is more acute like when I am actually stressing out..

I have essential oil of cedar... think that'll work?
Old 01-11-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No, no excessive garlic.
But my sense of smell is heightened and I read, oddly, that this is an effect of benzo withdrawal... but my situation has been observed by my bf.

As far as the benzo thing, this was funny as over the summer when I had started the whole process of quitting everything, I smelled a pizza we had delivered to my friend's house with no one in sight, they thought I was nuts then sure enough 3 minutes later the pizza guy was there.

Or I just have really good pizza radar.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I also have a sad abdomen full of fibroids and ovarian cysts anyone else here with this?

Not you zjw! lol
Old 01-11-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

Yep my sense of smell is even better if I'm well hydrated I can be out running and smell a dog pile from 100 yards. Having a great sense of smell is like life sometimes it's awesome sometimes it's terrible it's still a great sense of smell or life either way lol. Course with life there's all those feelings uggg haha
Old 01-11-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

Yeah when I meet my maker there are a few design flaws I'm gonna discuss some of the female issues are on that list like wtf was he thinking? And I want a dog butt easier cleanup and a tail to wag around what not to like!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

lol
it certainly must be a "he" zjw
cause this sucks!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
lol
it certainly must be a "he" zjw
cause this sucks!
Yeah I think he did a great job on so many things but for the life of me I'm baffled by a few. Listening to my wife it's like yeah wtf was he trying to achieve.

Hang in there.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Tries the cedar, certainly won't hurt. I pick the pine cuz it lot stronger smell and I think the resin kills bacteria better, last longer. Is nice, people say, "oh, it smell like the forest in here, is that you?" And I goes, "why yes, I dab some forest on my pits cuz they was smelling like a spicy meatball sub."
Old 01-11-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Tries the cedar, certainly won't hurt. I pick the pine cuz it lot stronger smell and I think the resin kills bacteria better, last longer. Is nice, people say, "oh, it smell like the forest in here, is that you?" And I goes, "why yes, I dab some forest on my pits cuz they was smelling like a spicy meatball sub."
lmfao
Old 01-11-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I had excessive sweating just at the beginning of getting sober. Exercised a bunch and it seemed to abate. Today I don't use any. Do not know if it is the same for guys or not. As a side note other people should not be bothered by a human personal smell because people are supposed to smell like people not roses. Just my own opinion though. Exactly when did people become convinced others should not smell like people in history? Kind of interesting.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Probably skating close to the edge of "product endorsement" here, but this is the only thing I've used for years. I, too, want deodorant, not anti-perspirant.

Liquid Rock Roll on Deodorant: Lavender

Works like a charm for me -- and I've certainly had bad luck with other deodorants (read: embarrassing) -- and a bottle lasts about two months. A pharmacist at Community Pharmacy in Madison, WI, an indy joint, recommended it.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I total agrees with T&W. In fact, I like smell of my own musky sweat. If I not interacting with other, I just let it ripen. Hate perfumes and soapy smells.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am desperate enough to try the rock. maybe the green tea and cucumber one.

sheer, desperation.