Notices

anyone else with this issue...?

Old 01-11-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah, we are funny critters like that. Mr TS is one of those clean freaks who showers every day and scrubs himself to within an inch of his life, then lathers on all manner of potions. He's a very small person as it is, so the excessive scrubbing is quite disturbing. I fear that one day there will be nothing left of him.

He would know though....Cow is right - apparently, as he once informed me thinking I would be interested, it's the bacteria that causes the stink. So any product that deals to those should work :-)
Old 01-11-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Look, you smell different, I still love you, OK?
Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

lol ok weird turtle...

I sent my turtle assistant to the post office... that's why it's taking so long... good thing he isn't on an hourly wage
Old 01-11-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

smooch
Old 01-11-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sleepie, I was full of fibroids too. Had to get rid of most of my "female innards" a few years ago.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Why no antiperspirant?
Old 01-11-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh my FormerWine...

Well the antiperspirant makes me feel creepy, I don't want to not sweat. I don't think it's healthy to just block up your glands either.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Probably skating close to the edge of "product endorsement" here, but this is the only thing I've used for years. I, too, want deodorant, not anti-perspirant.

Liquid Rock Roll on Deodorant: Lavender

Works like a charm for me -- and I've certainly had bad luck with other deodorants (read: embarrassing) -- and a bottle lasts about two months. A pharmacist at Community Pharmacy in Madison, WI, an indy joint, recommended it.
Ooh, I'm gonna have to try this. I've tried tons of deodorants and none of them have worked for me either, sleepie. So I went back to antiperspirant cause I work around a lot of people. Oh well.

D.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Me too Delf, I can't take it anymore! I am ordering the green tea cucumber one Thanks Venecia!

I really hope it works
Old 01-11-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sleepie I have had an ovarian cyst and I too have fibroids. I once read that nearly 80 percent of women have fibroids by the age of 50, and about 30 percent by the age of 35. I don't think it's clear what causes fibroids, but they sure seem common.. If you don't mind me asking, they causing you much discomfort?
I'm with you on antiperspirants, I don't want to smell, I don't mind perspiring though. It's a normal body function. Well gee, maybe smelling is too, but I gotta draw the line somewhere! ;-). Tom's Wild Lavender works for me. It's nothing super special; I buy it at the grocery store. Which totally suits me, as I'm lazy and don't like to go to lots of different stores when I go shopping!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Croutie

Well yes they are such a pain. They hurt even when it's not "that time" and last year... (close your ears guys!!!)

I bled for no less than 3 weeks straight. I mean I was tired as hell.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

They really "cramp" my style... ba dum dum!
thanks ladies I'll be here all week.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
They really "cramp" my style... ba dum dum!
thanks ladies I'll be here all week.
Ok I really did laugh outloud.

D.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Different body wash/soap work better or worse for my bo. Getting a good lather and a nice long scrub a dub is important. A good shave job too helps. I'm not into deodorant sticks, I do a shot of axe in the pits and nice cologne on the bod. People prob think I hit the cologne too hard but I like it. Antiperspirant has gotta be bad for the bod, is my gut feeling.. I notice a real difference with the soap and the quality of the scrub job. "Sheer desperation " would b a good name for a deodorant. Perspiration got u down? Try sheer desperation! By mennon...
Old 01-11-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Perspiration got u down? Try sheer desperation! By mennon...
LOL

yeah so I went for a bath on top of it and the situation improved after I used the more conventional harsh chemical soap whatever name brand it must have killed the bacteria I hear causes the situation to begin with.

BF pointed out I was using a natural "everything free" kind of soap... so chemicals it is!

For now anyway, let's see what happens tomorrow. Maybe being in bed in a depressed state for days on end affects this too... dunno.

I feel prettyyyy, oh so prettyyyy...
Old 01-12-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You guys and gals are so funny, thanks for the giggle.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

If it really is as bad as you think you should see the Doc. There are medical prescriptions that can help. And also, weird as it may sound, botox injections in your arm pits stop all sweating for up to 6 months at a time. My friend had them and it has changed her life.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Big hug sleepie. (And I wouldn't care if you were smelly to give it either. :-) )

I have a friend who swears by coconut oil as an odor reducer. Of course, when I hang out with her I always want to go to some tropical island. I have super sonic smell like you do.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Anxiety made aa huge difference to me - I used to get an issue with one pit and not the other (what was THAT about??!!)

I actually started using one of those rock / crystal (Salt of the Earth, Crystal Spring one)things a couple of months ago. Mine is completely scent free - I bought a small (travel) size one because I didn't want to spend a fortune on it. It's hardly changed size at all after daily use for the last couple of months, so it's passed my value-for-money test. No stinky pits since I bought it (but then it's winter in the UK so hardly heavy-sweat weather). I suppose the salt takes care of any bacteria, which is what causes the odour.

Have you been wearing natural fabrics? That can make a big difference. Otherwise, have a chat with your doctor.

Hope you find something to help soon
Old 01-12-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Some people take chlorophyll tablets/capsules for bad breath and underarm odor. I just looked, they have them on Amazon.