Notices

Update on Sobriety

Old 05-28-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It was so perfect at the grocery store. As I walked down the liquor/beer aisle, I had "neutral" cravings for alcohol - meaning that I neither craved alcohol nor was grossed out by it, just neutral.

Also, my husband has asked if he could come home and just have a beer after work. I am tired of struggling with him, so I bought him a 24 ounce beer. If I am going to overcome my alcohol addiction, I am going to have to say "no" whether in the house or not. And I felt nothing for the beer as I bought it. And for those wondering why he cannot buy his own beer, it's because he has a spending addiction and we have mutually agreed that I handle the finances. He feels more comfortable that way. He is a drinker and I do not want to be one, and hopefully one day this will not be a problem for me anymore. But I feel that I am getting there.

Anyways, it just feels nice to finally have a good day again in which I feel happy and okay, and I am also not craving alcohol.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No, it's an addiction I guess. Getting your protein, your carbs and fats. Focusing on your macros. You focus on your diet, the diet isn't a fad thing, it's your life... It gives you structure.

You find things to add, subtract. It keeps you occupied

Oh man, some perfectly broiled salmon and some well seasoned broccoli is better than any booze.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My favorite is abalone with lemon!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberintexas007 View Post
My favorite is abalone with lemon!
I'd rather die a thousand deaths than eat something that looks like that. If you put a gun to my head with an oyster in front of me I don't know how it would end
Old 05-28-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't eat oysters, either. But I do like abalone!