Notices

Troubled by friend

Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well... now it sounds even more like some of my stories. But demanding "a lot of celibacy and accountability" -- that is absurd in this situation. That never happened to me although some had tried in indirect ways. It's utterly unrealistic, imo.

The kind of behavior you describe certainly sounds insecure, but it's of course hard to evaluate given that I only see your report and not hers. What I can tell you though is that I did have lots of push/pull type attitudes when I was mentally troubled (including drinking heavily). I know it drives people crazy and I feel for you. What would concern me the most (probably because this is something I never exhibited or received) is the demands and imposing, and yet inability to keep her side of it, all before you ever met IRL. That definitely signals issues with control and insecurity that probably goes beyond what is expected purely on the basis of a turbulent online connection. Like you said, it sounds too complicated... intriguing alright, but complicated. As for filling the void for you... you know, I think that is probably a big illusion. Again, I know the feeling too well.