Notices

Lost on another bender.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you feel like you might be a danger to yourself Dave read this link and do call one of the numbers,
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

or get someone to take you to the ER

D
Old 03-25-2015, 03:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

Here for you Dave
Old 03-25-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Dave36 View Post
Didn't find sobriety to be as peaceful as I'd hoped
You need to amass some sobriety before you can measure its worth.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Dave, you've really got to seek medical attention. It sounds like this is a bigger hurdle than you can handle on your own.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dave36 View Post
Just trying to get through the day. It's amazing how all the preposterous thoughts of suicide and **** come back so easily. It's very confusing. Didn't find sobriety to be as peaceful as I'd hoped
Ya haven't even given alcohol a chance to get out of your body so ya haven't even come close to experiencing sobriety.mall you experienced so far is hangover and withdrawl.

I drank for about 23 years, to the point my tolerance dropped dramatically. But worse was the mental anguish. And I can't be more greatful than I am now that the pain of getting drunk finally exceeded the pain of reality and I was given the gift of desperation. That gift left me two choices- get help getting sober or kill myself.
I decided to get help and see what happens. If I didn't stop feeling like a useless,worthless, hopeless, helpless, POS then I was going onto option two.
HOWEVER, that help Required a few things:
No more wallowing in self pity.
No more excuses
me getting off My ass and putting in footwork. I was in a very miserable place for some time but I still put in the footwork on changing me and my attitudes.

It took T.I.M.E. but eventually not only did the mental obsession to drink disappear but I also stopped hating myself. Actually started loving myself and life sober!

If I woulda thought that 2-7 days without alcohol was gonna make me sober and life was gonna be just awesome after 2-7 days I woulda ended up drunk and probably dead. But I knew it wasn't gonna work that way. I had to get off my ass, stop making excuses, stop wallowing in self pity, and put in some footwork.

No one can tell of the loneliness and dispair in the bitter morass of self pity- except another alcoholic.

If ya want to get sober, yer gonna have to get yer ass in gear and get into action. And her gonna have to stop thinking ya can put down the drink and BAM!! wonderful life!!! It does t work that way. It requires action, all of which will be worth it if ya work for it and give it T.I.M.E.

I hope ya make the decision to go to any lengths to get sober.

I've been given a life I never could have dreamed of.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
If I woulda thought that 2-7 days without alcohol was gonna make me sober and life was gonna be just awesome after 2-7 days I woulda ended up drunk and probably dead. But I knew it wasn't gonna work that way. I had to get off my ass, stop making excuses, stop wallowing in self pity, and put in some footwork.

If ya want to get sober, yer gonna have to get yer ass in gear and get into action. And her gonna have to stop thinking ya can put down the drink and BAM!! wonderful life!!! It does t work that way. It requires action, all of which will be worth it if ya work for it and give it T.I.M.E.

That is the way it is, if I liked it or not. Reality is here and requires work and changes. OR………..

BE WELL
Old 03-25-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
July 4, 2014

Good stuff right here! I pulled a lot of wisdom and tough love from this response. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
Ya haven't even given alcohol a chance to get out of your body so ya haven't even come close to experiencing sobriety.mall you experienced so far is hangover and withdrawl.

I drank for about 23 years, to the point my tolerance dropped dramatically. But worse was the mental anguish. And I can't be more greatful than I am now that the pain of getting drunk finally exceeded the pain of reality and I was given the gift of desperation. That gift left me two choices- get help getting sober or kill myself.
I decided to get help and see what happens. If I didn't stop feeling like a useless,worthless, hopeless, helpless, POS then I was going onto option two.
HOWEVER, that help Required a few things:
No more wallowing in self pity.
No more excuses
me getting off My ass and putting in footwork. I was in a very miserable place for some time but I still put in the footwork on changing me and my attitudes.

It took T.I.M.E. but eventually not only did the mental obsession to drink disappear but I also stopped hating myself. Actually started loving myself and life sober!

No one can tell of the loneliness and dispair in the bitter morass of self pity- except another alcoholic.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

At the end of the day it's you that has to want to quit. How many more er trips do u wanna take. Imagine how much money u can save etc u have heard it all before. But it's gotta be you that wants it bad enough and cut the crap.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hawk67 View Post
At the end of the day it's you that has to want to quit. How many more er trips do u wanna take. Imagine how much money u can save etc u have heard it all before. But it's gotta be you that wants it bad enough and cut the crap.

It's true, there are some great thoughts and ideas in this thread, thanks to the posters.

Good luck Dave, I am sure you will get to,where you want seems you are in two minds that's how I have felt...