Notices

Cell phones in rehab?

Old 03-14-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Detox no phone, rehab 6:00 to 10:00 if you were a good little inmate. That was my experience. I managed to have one of the two I had at the time the whole time but I'm a bad, sneaky boy. Some kids in there would have temper tantrums when they got their phone privileges taken away or when Mommy wouldn't send them a carton of smokes.

It's pretty humiliating so your friend probably doesn't want to discus it right now. Or can't.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I was allowed to have my phone the entire time (28 days) although my counselor suggested I not have it. It was just a suggestion that I didn't comply with. I'm probably lucky it didn't interfere with my recovery any more than it did.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think it would be a relief to NOT have a cell phone in rehab and take a 28 day vacation from the world and all its crap. Maybe check email ONCE a day.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

if i KNEW she was in rehab, i would feel better. but all she told me is that she was going away. i got a text from her boyfriend last night saying that he has her phone and saw my texts and she will be back in two weeks. but i am still feeling extremely anxious.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

if i KNEW she was in rehab, i would feel better. but all she told me is that she was going away. i got a text from her boyfriend last night saying that he has her phone and saw my texts and she will be back in two weeks. but i am still feeling extremely anxious.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

If her BF has her phone, she is either in rehab or in jail and left it with him for safekeeping.
Unless she is on a spiritual retreat somewhere that's the only places I can think of where she would not be able to take her phone so no need to worry
Old 03-15-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

so Carlotta you think she is in rehab? that is my suspicion but i dont know if she would ever admit it.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Yes. If she was taking a trip or going to a religious/meditation retreat she would have discussed it with you. If she is in rehab (or serving jail time for a DUI or something) it would make sense that she leaves her phone with her bf and being ashamed not tell anyone.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

also her bf said she would be back in two weeks and she has been gone for about two weeks. it all adds up.