Notices

Thinking of jumping on the sober train again!

Old 03-14-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mpr View Post

Back on the sober train I gooooooo.
For many, it is the train that seems to offer the best ride in life.

Welcome Aboard

MM
Old 03-14-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by George89 View Post
I think I want to go sober again. This week, I went for drinks on Tuesday evening, and I remember feeling very depressed at work on Wednesday morning.

Then Thursday I had a meeting with a client, and actually went for a beer with them. I went back to the office afterwards but I think my bosses could see I was a bit drunk. It was quite a shoddy experience.

Then yesterday had some drinks after work, two pints seemed to really effect me. I wake up this morning, it's almost midday, my bedroom is a mess. Plates pile up, clothes strewn on the floor. I'm living in a state of filth. I will clean it up today, but it's depressing me that I let it get like this during the week.

Writing how alcohol has effected me this week just goes to show to myself that I would be better off sober.

I don't know if others can relate, but drinking even 'moderately' seems to bring on a sort of depression and inability to stay on top of things. I feel like I am in a permanent 'funk' of not being able to get things done and generally feeling depressed and in the dumps on a daily basis.

I find it strange though as perhaps someone else could also have a few drinks over the week but not feel such a massive effect ? I suppose I just have to accept that I really can't drink anymore, I have been wanting to quit for probably a few years now! And sometimes bury the reality and pretend that I am fine in moderation, but I really need to be sober 100%.
If the drink is causing you problems like you described you should put it on the shelf. Moderating does not sound like the issue here, not being able to moderate is the issue. Not everyone is capable of drinking social, moderating and so on. You know you cannot drink regularly nor moderate, only option is to abstain. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Do your best

How has your day been Mpr
Old 03-14-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
How has your day been Mpr
Not bad, kind of a lazy day. How's your day going?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Welcome back mpr! How's it going? I was thinking about your earlier today and I'm glad to see you've decided to choose the sober life again.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Holy crap, I didn't realize that it's 2016 already and you wrote this post clear back in 2015! Are you still sober?