Notices

Please tell me it gets better....

Old 01-24-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

In my opinion, drinking takes it alllll awayyyy alright...

However, it does not discriminate; it takes away the GOOD, the BAD, the EVERYTHING. I got tired of numbing out my life and waking up to realize that 7-8 years had passed right by without me even noticing.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

It is so hard to get past a miserable now when a drank will make it some so much more bearable. It is a very common human condition, to struggle with forgoing current wants to me long-term goals. It can sometimes be a simple matter of faith that things will get better and easier with long-term sobriety - and at the very least, it will break the misery of the current cycle. I try to stay focused on this fact on a day to day basis. I will use the quote in my avatar as a reminder and for motivation.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow Wow...

I can relate. The part where you say only one thing takes it awwwaaayyy! Yep, that one part kept me drunk for years. That part drew me back after i got sober. As you know the first few days are rough but its worth it. Only you can stop the cycle. I know you can!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Does it get better? No not always, just laying off the sauce is the easy part. Anyone can do it.

How do you live sober and happy at the same time?
Thats the trick!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes it does get better! For me, quitting was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Dealing with the layers lying under why i drank takes a lot of work, but you feel like you are finding the person your ment to be each time you go down a layer!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Boy, do I sure understand this post! Everytime I do the same spiral drinking you do. They say the deinition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I'm also struggling to get off the CRAZY TRAIN! That's what it does to me anyway.I've felt like death all day after three days of drinking and isolation. Yet, drinking has crossed my mind a hundred times today! STAY STONG!
Old 01-26-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I saved a fortune on fines and lawyer fees the past 15 plus years. That's not counting the money I've saved on drinking.
Not having flu like symptoms every morning going to work is an added plus.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It get so, so, so, so, SO much better. But it takes time. I couldn't do it without AA; others find different ways. But you have to change your life. But YES, it gets better.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JensDestiny View Post
In my opinion, drinking takes it alllll awayyyy alright...

However, it does not discriminate; it takes away the GOOD, the BAD, the EVERYTHING. I got tired of numbing out my life and waking up to realize that 7-8 years had passed right by without me even noticing.
Sooo soooo true

I just realised yesterday where the hell have the last 5-6 years gone in life i remember ... Its like a huge blurrrrr i guess alcohol really does screw up everything in the mind.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Huh?

It gets better!!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I really struggled for the last week. Was in a lot of discomfort and anxiety, just wishing the pain would go away. I did everything I could, went to 2 meetings a day, called people, read / posted here, prayed, meditated, exercised, went to therapy, really just about everything i could think of.

Today i have tremendous relief.

One day at a time!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

This has been the truth for me.

Men and women drink essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. The sensation is so elusive that, while they admit it is injurious, they cannot after a time differentiate the true from the false. To them, their alcoholic life seems the only normal one. They are restless, irritable and discontented, unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks-drinks which they see others taking with impunity. After they have succumbed to the desire again, as so many do, and the phenomenon of craving develops, they pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again. This is repeated over and over, and unless this person can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of his recovery.

quote aabb1st