Notices

Hitting bottom

Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Hitting bottom

Now I know what that means. I am fortunate enough that my employer wants to help instead of kicking me out the door.

Going to rehab Monday. Wish me luck, please, and send as many prayers as you can my way.

Shaking like a leaf but I don;'t know if it's out of fear or because its cold as sh!t here!
Old 01-10-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A bottom when you stop digging.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KAD

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
A bottom when you stop digging.
Not quite sure what you mean, but maybe I do, after all.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Happy, joyous, and free

Bless you, Get. You're on the brink of something wonderful. I'll be praying for you.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a great opportunity man - grab it with both hands

D
Old 01-10-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a wonderful opportunity! Your addiction is afraid. Wishing you luck and sending prayers your way.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best of luck! You're very fortunate to have a supportive employer.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your employer is amazing for the support. Make them proud.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope your place is better than the one I went to. It was the worst experience of my life. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Freethinker

Rehabs are a big part of my story, for better or worse. For me, they were difficult but ultimately incredibly positive experiences. It should be an excellent opportunity to face your fear in a supportive environment, but keep in (the front of your) mind...

It is what you do after that counts!
Old 01-10-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wishing you the very best. You can do this.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
KAD

Originally Posted by stephendu View Post
Hope your place is better than the one I went to. It was the worst experience of my life. I'll be thinking of you.

Oh, I don't like hearing that. I want to live!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
KAD

Originally Posted by SarahB60 View Post
Best of luck! You're very fortunate to have a supportive employer.

It is only because I have done a good job and they like me. I will toot my own horn and say I am a very likeable person. I like to laugh. I love to joke around. I make people smile.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GetMeOut View Post
Now I know what that means. I am fortunate enough that my employer wants to help instead of kicking me out the door.

Going to rehab Monday. Wish me luck, please, and send as many prayers as you can my way.

Shaking like a leaf but I don;'t know if it's out of fear or because its cold as sh!t here!
Good luck!
Old 01-11-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well, everyones got to hit a bottom.
If that means death, so be it.
Its good that people stand by you, but if we keep falling down, they lose faith!
Can only say "I am sorry" so many times.

Got to say "I was wrong", then change the actions.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck for rehab getmeout

Sending thoughts & prayers
Old 01-12-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FNW
seeking acceptance

What a gift - take it and run with it!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good luck! You have a great employer and must be a great employee to be given such a chance. I too stressed out before I went to rehab. It's not as rough as you think it is. Just go with the flow and try to stay positive. Just remember, the only thing that's going to fix you is you.
Good luck!
Old 01-12-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

When u hit there, ull start to climb back again.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
KAD

Time for an update on all this. The place I went for detox and rehab was on the other side of the country from me, in CA. I had gone through this service that supposedly finds the best deals and they promised the moon and the stars. Insurance would cover it all, they'd pay for the flight, yada yada yada.

So, I completed detox and while on the way to the rehab center, I was on the phone with my HR Rep. She informed me that the facilities were out of network and only covered at 50%, plus I had a $3K copay! Yikes! So she and I both agreed it would probably be best to come back home and find something more local, possibly on an outpatient basis.

I came back with a list of outpatient rehab centers in my area and she said she would start checking them out. Next day, she insists I check them out and they all want to meet with me that afternoon. In the meantime, I met with a local outpatient rehab facility and they informed me that, since I was going on 10 days sober (which is where I am now), I would find it very difficult to get into an inpatient facility and I would find it even more difficult to get insurance to cover anything because I've already gone through detox and am showing I can stay sober.

Well, at the meeting with my employer, they really gang up on me. The have a new memorandum stating that since I left before completing the program, that was grounds for termination but they were giving me one last chance to find an inpatient facility. I looked at the HR Rep and said, "You agreed that I should come back and look for a local outpatient facility." She just gave a condescending smile and said, "Yeeeaaaah, looks like that's not an option now."

I left the meeting and got right to work looking for inpatient facilities in my area. I called one and they verified that I'd likely not get help from insurance since I was already sober. (It's like I'm being penalized for being sober!) They wouldn't have a room available for another week and I'd have to pay $12K upfront! That's just a smidge out of my budget. In fact, all of this is. (Forgot to mention that my flight to CA was not covered and I ended up paying over $1K in plane tickets alone.) They mentioned another place in a more rural area that didn't deal with insurance at all. I'd have to pay $3500 and that's the total cost of the rehab. That's still gonna put me in the hole but it's the best option I could find. Going there, possibly this weekend, but Monday at the latest. It's a 28-day thing. The one in CA was going to be 45 days, which I felt was excessive, especially considering only 50% coverage.

Spoke to my employer again this morning. They are fine with my choice and I am ready to get started. I know I could fall a lot further than I did, but I don't ever wanna get anywhere near that low again. I was finally having blackout periods. I could not remember things I'd done or said. I'd have vague recollections but there were gaps everywhere.

Another sad part of this story is that my ex-wife will only allow supervised visits with the kids for a while. I was being terribly irresponsible with them, too.... driving drunk, passing out, etc. I took them to a movie and slept through the whole thing and then on the way home, clipped a curb with one of my wheels and burst one of my tires. I've been a bad boy.

I may still end up having to sell the house just to be able to pay back all the debt I'm incurring and it's all because of that damned bottle! Alcohol will ruin you!