Notices

i think i need some help

Old 12-20-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i think i need some help

my drinking is getting out of control. black out all the time. even on a normal day. today, drank some at work. didnt stop. got home. talked to people. dont even remember conversations. ughhhh. i know worse things could have happened. dont need to tell me. got home the other day with a note in my pocket that said "call aa and al-anon. Go!!"
Old 12-20-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So what did you do?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Make today your day 1. Call AA, pour out the booze, start making a plan. Changing your life doesn't just happen. You have to take the first step, and then the second, third... You deserve a better life and it is there, waiting for you, beginning today. You will have a great start on the New Year.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA saved my life and it can save yours to
Old 12-20-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you posted, lostgirl.

Blackout drinking is very frightening and potentially dangerous. You need to find a way to break the cycle of addiction. You need a plan - AA, detox, rehab; therenare many options.

If you have been drinking everyday to the point of blackout, you may need a medically supervised detox. Have you spoken with your doctor?

Very glad that you are here, lostgirl, and that you make SR part of your plan. It's 24/7/365.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi.

As others stated it’s time to take action as this can wipe you out in a heartbeat.
I procrastinated for too long and bad things rapidly developed you don’t want to hear about.

Please take care of yourself and get sober and healthy for yourself and things will fall into place.

BE WELL
Old 12-20-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Worse things will happen lostgirl if you don't get a handle on this.

I really hope you made the calls and have made today your Day 1.

If you are at the blackout stage and drinking at work, it is clear that
you are on the cusp of some serious consequences for your drinking.

Please do this for you.
Sobriety is worth fighting for and you can do it.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's not every day. I don't think I need detox. I go days without drinking but when I do drink I don't stop. Always think one more will get me to that nice drunk I want to be. But it skips from not drunk to blackout. My best friend is in rehab now. Watershed in Florida. Does anybody know it?
Old 12-20-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OX

If your best friend is in rehab you can use this time to get clean yourself. When your friend returns you will have a battle partner. Otherwise your friend may be scared to hang with the blackout drinker to save their own sobriety.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Call AA. It's free. Why wouldn't you call?

They don't make you do anything. You can sit and listen for as long as you want without saying a word, or "believing" anything.

Go. It's a safe place among friends who have been where you are.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Johno1967 View Post
So what did you do?
nothing yet. aa meeting?
Old 12-20-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Call AA. It's free. Why wouldn't you call?

They don't make you do anything. You can sit and listen for as long as you want without saying a word, or "believing" anything.

Go. It's a safe place among friends who have been where you are.
thank you. i think i will. I have been to meetings before but it was mandated. I'm a mess
Old 12-20-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BigShoe View Post
If your best friend is in rehab you can use this time to get clean yourself. When your friend returns you will have a battle partner. Otherwise your friend may be scared to hang with the blackout drinker to save their own sobriety.
you're so right. She had me as her primary soI spoke with her therapist as well. We have plans of doing fun normal things. like a cooking class or bowling. We wanted to do that before - the cooking class - but always ended up drinking

well we wanted to do alot. we're not just drinking friends. We've always said how we can completely sober and have the best time. its better too when we actually remember it
Old 12-20-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My dad died from drinking. He drowned actually because he was drinking and doing coke apparently which I never knew he did. I knew he drank alot. that was when I was 17. I think I take after him alot
Old 12-20-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My dad died from drinking. He drowned actually because he was drinking and doing coke apparently which I never knew he did. I knew he drank alot. that was when I was 17. I think I take after him alot
Old 12-20-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
AA saved my life and it can save yours to
I like how you said you came back to life. I want to too. dont know when I got so out of control. My fiance - that I was with for 13 years - was arrested and went to jail 2 years ago so I think thats when it got really out of hand. sorry to go on but I guess thats what this is for right? I dont want to feel sorry for myself. i think thats what Ive been doing. dont mean it. I'm actually a really fun happy person!

and hate apostrophes apparently. sorry!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Glad you posted, lostgirl.

Blackout drinking is very frightening and potentially dangerous. You need to find a way to break the cycle of addiction. You need a plan - AA, detox, rehab; therenare many options.

If you have been drinking everyday to the point of blackout, you may need a medically supervised detox. Have you spoken with your doctor?

Very glad that you are here, lostgirl, and that you make SR part of your plan. It's 24/7/365.
i dont even have a primary doctor
Old 12-20-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

i wanted to finish my christmas shopping yesterday and I dint because i was drunk
Old 12-20-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

what happened to note you found in your pocket?
did you call or go?

Writing ourselves notes may be a good way to remind ourselves to do something. But if we just read those notes and do nothing it was wasted ink. Keep writing yourself notes. Sooner or later you are going to take your own advice. You are near the rehab capital of the world. And for every rehab there are a half dozen meetings to go to. It shouldn't be that difficult to find one.

Why not do this. Rather than tying a string around your finger to remind yourself - think "It's A Wonderful Life" when George tied a string around his finger - tie a big red ribbon on your finger. Gift wrap that sucker like a Christmas gift to yourself to 'remind' you to go to a meeting. Then when you get to that meeting you can 'unwrap' your finger and accept your gift. Unless you do something instead of just talking about it, you'll never accomplish anything.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello! You say you dont need detox because you can go days without drinking, Get a plan to STAY STOPPED. I dont know what is in your area. However AA is everywhere. GO, ask for some numbers, when the urge comes on to drink call someone, read/post on SR and try urge surfing. Soon you will be drinking/blacking out everyday