Notices

i think i need some help

Old 12-20-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

In NY you could do an AA marathon of meetings to keep you from drinking! You can do this.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by lostgirll View Post
I like how you said you came back to life. I want to too. dont know when I got so out of control. My fiance - that I was with for 13 years - was arrested and went to jail 2 years ago so I think thats when it got really out of hand. sorry to go on but I guess thats what this is for right? I dont want to feel sorry for myself. i think thats what Ive been doing. dont mean it. I'm actually a really fun happy person!

and hate apostrophes apparently. sorry!
None of us said when we were young, "I want to be an alcoholic when I grow up. " Unfortunately we did. We do have the ability to say, "I want to be happy joyess and free living a sober life." You know what you don't want so start working on a life you do.

I truly did come back to life because life I had was not living I simply was alive.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
Hello! You say you dont need detox because you can go days without drinking, Get a plan to STAY STOPPED. I dont know what is in your area. However AA is everywhere. GO, ask for some numbers, when the urge comes on to drink call someone, read/post on SR and try urge surfing. Soon you will be drinking/blacking out everyday
Urge surfing?
Old 12-20-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

do a search. it's online
Old 12-20-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
Hello! You say you dont need detox because you can go days without drinking, Get a plan to STAY STOPPED. I dont know what is in your area. However AA is everywhere. GO, ask for some numbers, when the urge comes on to drink call someone, read/post on SR and try urge surfing. Soon you will be drinking/blacking out everyday
I thought I asked this. What is urge surfing?
Old 12-20-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by lostgirll View Post
I thought I asked this. What is urge surfing?
I believe sugarbear1 answered your question.

(o:
NoelleR
Old 12-20-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Follow your own suggestion and go to an AA meeting. It would be good for you to talk to people in person who know what you're going through.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
what happened to note you found in your pocket?
did you call or go?

Writing ourselves notes may be a good way to remind ourselves to do something. But if we just read those notes and do nothing it was wasted ink. Keep writing yourself notes. Sooner or later you are going to take your own advice. You are near the rehab capital of the world. And for every rehab there are a half dozen meetings to go to. It shouldn't be that difficult to find one.

Why not do this. Rather than tying a string around your finger to remind yourself - think "It's A Wonderful Life" when George tied a string around his finger - tie a big red ribbon on your finger. Gift wrap that sucker like a Christmas gift to yourself to 'remind' you to go to a meeting. Then when you get to that meeting you can 'unwrap' your finger and accept your gift. Unless you do something instead of just talking about it, you'll never accomplish anything.
I didn't write the note.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

lots of tips here for cravings:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

sounds like you might need more tho - why not check out an AA meeting if you're open to that?

D
Old 12-20-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

lots of tips here for cravings:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

sounds like you might need more tho - why not check out an AA meeting if you're open to that?

D
Old 12-20-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
~sb

you didn't write the note, but did you follow the suggestion to call AA and get to a meeting?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

sorry, i logged off for awhile. Urge Surfing ..suggestions to help us deal with cravings. Dee posted a link and there are many online lists worth checking out.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Lostgirl,
Do you know your blackouts are NOT unique, the wanting to drink to get that ahhhh buzz BUT instead it gets screwed up and you end up blacking out or making unwanted telephone calls OR having conversations you don't remember are NOT unique. Why?? If you go to a AA Meeting you'll find new people who have this old problem. They did something ...they went into action....you can go. You don't have to talk, just sit down and listen.
All the best to you.
Bobbi