Notices

My wife is leaving me.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Stay strong! Congrats on making 5 days. Keep going.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 5! I am on Day 15 and feeling very good about it. I don't want to start over!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Hope your day 6 is rolling by! You can do this. It will be tough, but you can do it.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Congrats on five days. I just now counted and I have 33 days since my last alcohol binge. Each day seems to get easier for me, because my diet has significantly improved. I now eat small, fresh, healthy meals. Before, I ate very badly or hardly anything at all. Now I wake up feeling rested and energetic. Sleep is something I am enjoying again. The idea of drinking is crazy to me now. Any memories of feeling good drinking are starting to fade. The memories of hangovers and sickness shadow over that.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Even though I screamed I would be sober forever it took a year before she realized it and left me.
Best day of my life.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

sb1969... kiddo a mom here.. howl like a timber wolf here.. so many have been in your spot.. talk about walking in someones shoes.. you have hit the right pair.. follow the path that they have worn into the earth.. my heart weeps for your wife and you and for your Christmas 2014... but you know in a couple of years time.. you work hard stay on the path.. and who knows Christmas 2016 may find you and her in the same room sharing a smile... prayers my christmas wish for you and her for 2016.. a silly old lady clown of Faith and Hope and I need a tissue please.. hugs and love a mom...
Old 11-19-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you so much ardy.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Been a week sober today. It is still hard not to listen to that voice in my head telling me I need a drink. Tomorrow will be hard, my wife is moving into her new place. I will try and stay strong. She told me tonight she was proud of me. I had to walk away, didn't want her to see me tear up. I never thought I would hear her say that. Wish I had of found the strenght to quit sonner.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

sb1969.... when I read of your path.. my daughter and her hubby go to my heart.. they were married for 21 years and together 4 years before that.. all the stuggle with college and jobs and good house and great life.. to have him toss her and all aside as he deiicede that he was Gay.. now mind you I have some great friends that are Gay Transvit and change over. as a Lady Clown and Comic I have run into the lot.. but to be with a person thro all the really hard stuff in life and to have built a great life such as normal is now adays to toss it to the side with one swing .. because now you are Gay.. what the heck... sorry..

this was their living room it would have had a grand tree for holidays and Christmas in a week . all is gone just gone.. so kiddo my love and prayers you can do this to be better I know it.. for Moms are like that we just keep hoping that next year will be better prayers a Mom
Attached Images
Old 11-20-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

you just find your Mom and hug her tight and be the child just for to night how does that poem go :
Rock Me to Sleep
Rock Me to Sleep
By Elizabeth Akers Allen 1832–1911
Backward, turn backward, O Time, in your flight,
Make me a child again just for tonight!
Mother, come back from the echoless shore,
Take me again to your heart as of yore;
Kiss from my forehead the furrows of care,
Smooth the few silver threads out of my hair;
Over my slumbers your loving watch keep;—
Rock me to sleep, mother, – rock me to sleep!

Backward, flow backward, O tide of the years!
I am so weary of toil and of tears,—
Toil without recompense, tears all in vain,—
Take them, and give me my childhood again!
I have grown weary of dust and decay,—
Weary of flinging my soul-wealth away;
Weary of sowing for others to reap;—
Rock me to sleep, mother – rock me to sleep!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

there is so much more of it .. I read it often as being 64 in the year 2014 is very hard to be .. an adult a child a person that tries to go to the year 2050 some of you will see that year. and when you do stop for a moment and remember so many that are gone to that place before you... love ardy...