Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Black out drunk. Anyone wish to share their stories?

Notices

Black out drunk. Anyone wish to share their stories?

Old 10-26-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Chef Drunkbutt.... That's gold... LOL
Old 10-26-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'll save my blackout stories for another day. For now, I'm just very happy that I'm no longer blacking out.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

for everyone who shared there story i got identification with for those who didnt share anythng i got nothing from them

even in this thread it mirrors it, those who posted up storys i have read them and got id with them so thanks for that

i have 26 convictions on my record from drunk and disorderly, drink driving, public order offences etc
all over my life time my first conviction was at 17 everytime i drank i ran the risk of doing somthing or ending up in some situation were trouble would flow
i went to aa at 23 years of age with a hell of lot of trouble behind me
i found there that i was an alcoholic although most of the guys around at that time had far worse drinking habits than i had as i was only a weekend bender drinker back then and these guys had been into mental institutions for drying out

i wasnt that bad back then but they told me the word YET i wasnt that bad yet is how they decribed it and they made me see by stoping now at an early age i could and can make sure i never end up that bad

did i listen ? yes for 3 years, then i got bored with aa i got a job were i was making a lot of money and life had improved but most importantly i was not ending up in police cells anymore trying to remember what i had done and having to face yet another conviction for whatever
so life was great just so long as i didnt drink
15 years on i picked up the drink again and in 8 short years i was drinking 24/7 lost my business , my kids, my home, ended up back in police cells and going to prison

i ended up with nothing other than a flat that was given to me by a homeless shelter charity type of organization

how did i end up like that ? i had so much in life and it all went

worse still i was told this would happen to me many many years before it

today i have my kids back been a single parent for the last nine years, i dont end up in police cells anymore again, and i dont get anymore convictions

i have never comited a single crime in my life sober as i know right from wrong and i am just not like that but put a drink inside of me and all bets are off as to were i will end up or what i will have done

aa and the people shown me the way out of it and helped me when i was at my most lowest part in my life
its not easy going to aa when you have no one to go home to and you hear all the storys of how people still kept there wives and familys etc or jobs and money etc and how there lives are wonderful, but then the old timers will give out what it was like for them when they first came in and what there drinking did to them and then you feel right a home with people who are just like you

thats what i felt like in aa and i did what they told me to do and that was keep on coming back
the rest over time grew on me and still does as i never want to forget just what the booze did to me and where it took me and what it cost me

for those who it didnt cost much i guess they wouldnt be interested in what they call war storys i mean if they still have there wives, familys, jobs, and never been to prison etc they really will not id with me would they
Old 10-27-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Cat Lady Extraordinaire

oh gawd, yes the cooking whilst drunk. Lots of wasted food over here lol
Old 10-27-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I can't seem to recall anything!