Notices

Wet the bed last night

Old 10-11-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Wet the bed last night

Hi everyone

Last night I wet the bed...for the first time in about 17 years. Last time I remember doing it I was 4 years old.

I've had a flu recently which has left me feeling very tired, and last night I drank about 3/4 of a ten glass of vodka with Caffeine-free Coke. Before I went to bed, in my drunken stupor, I thought "I really need to pee" but I couldn't be bothered. It was a very strong urge.

I then awoke later to found I'd gone in my sleep.

This has never happened before, so I'm going to run it past my Doctor on Monday. However, I have read quite alot on line about it happening after consuming alcohol...
Old 10-11-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

PS: It was my first time drinking Caffeine-free coke! Feel like I've had the best night sleep ever (minus the bedwetting)
Old 10-11-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't thnk anyone can help with the bedwetting but we might be able t help if ya want to stop drinking.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Feel like I've had the best night sleep ever
Sounds more like you passed out, am?

Believe me, the worst thing you can do is get used to this.
It's a pretty big wake up call.

D
Old 10-11-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This might be the first time that I say, "A trip to the doctor isn't needed just yet." Stop drinking first. :-)
Old 10-11-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"last night I drank about 3/4 of a ten glass of vodka with Caffeine-free Coke."

In my drinking days I would have blamed the soda because I and so many thought alcohol was like a health drink.
And we didn’t think we needed to be returned to sanity!

BE WELL
Old 10-11-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

I woke up once went to my closet and peed on the floor. Another time I woke up walked over to the big screen tv and peed on it. another time i woke up went to the bathroom walked about a foot in and peed on the floor. Another time I woke up and barfed all over myself and my wife. I was not sick and did not need a doctor I was just an alcoholic who drank to much. I hate to say it but eliminate the obvious (drinking) and this sorta thing should stop if it doesnt THEN ask your doctor maybe there is a larger problem at play/
Old 10-11-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
I woke up once went to my closet and peed on the floor. Another time I woke up walked over to the big screen tv and peed on it. another time i woke up went to the bathroom walked about a foot in and peed on the floor. Another time I woke up and barfed all over myself and my wife. I was not sick and did not need a doctor I was just an alcoholic who drank to much.

It’s interesting that there are some that drank to enjoy and have fun and figured this is part of it.

What alcohol does to us!

BE WELL
Old 10-11-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies everyone. I want to quit although I'm finding it quite difficult.
I'm thinking the reason it maybe happened is because I usually drink Full Fat Coke (which contains caffeine) and I would always have gone before I went to sleep or awoken and gone.

But as a mixture of feeling tired from the flu, and the lack of caffeine and passing out when I was *dying* to go all contributed to it...

Absolutely horrible to waken up to!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you don't want this to be true but...

I drink both 'fat' coke and non decaffeinated Coke, I'm frequently tired exhausted and/or ill...

I have not had any 'accidents' since giving up alcohol nearly eight years ago.

The cause here is quite clear to me, and it really should be to you too.

D
Old 10-11-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by am658 View Post
PS: It was my first time drinking Caffeine-free coke! Feel like I've had the best night sleep ever (minus the bedwetting)
I second Dee's point. The last time I did that I woke up under the kitchen table, I was so messed up I couldnt find the bathroom or my bed, curled upin the dark terrified and exhausted.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Did anything else seem strange am658? Did you feel confused or sore afterward? That could be a sign of a seizure.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Initially I thought about a Nocturnal Seizure, although due to the lack of bitten lip/tongue or inside the cheek, and the lack of other symptoms that accompany NS I've pretty much ruled it out... Although if it happens again, perhaps I'll have to look into it more...
Old 10-11-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

3/4 of a ten glass of vodka with Caffeine-free Coke

I then awoke later to found I'd gone in my sleep

I'm going to run it past my Doctor on Monday

that one can (almost) be figured out without a doctor ???

MM
Old 10-11-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You needed to go to the bathroom before you passed out but couldn't be bothered. You then passed out and your body did what it needed to do. It has nothing to do with what kind of mixer you used with your alcohol.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I think you are reading way too much into it other than your drinking is becoming a problem and it's time to stop. You had the urge to pee so your bladder was full and you went into a deep sleep from all the alcohol. Your body relaxed in your drunken slumber and out came the pee. I had an alcoholic housemate years ago that peed in his sleep so often the he rotted a hole in the bed and it began to drip through the floor into the basement. When he finally left for rehab to never return, me and another friend cleaned out his room and found the bed with a garbage bag over the hole. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and was embarrassed to have to put the bed out for trash pick up that I left a sheet on it. Don't let this happen to you, it's time to stop don't you think?
Old 10-11-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My XAH did pretty much everything you described, zjw. I will never forget the first time he wet our bed. He would also stand at the side of the bed pissing against the wall, thinking he was in the bathroom....it was horrific.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm thinking the reason it maybe happened is because I usually drink Full Fat Coke...
Initially I thought about a Nocturnal Seizure...
I am sorry, but you got drunk and pissed yourself in bed.
Please stop wasting your time pondering diet vs regular cola.
And there seems to be no evidence of a seizure.

You're not the first person this has happened to.
You need to get real with yourself and see it for what it is.
A pretty clear warning.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

yea i peed my self several times after drinking vodka.
as for the soda,, i drank several at work cause no others to drink, havent peed my self yet.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi am658. So you got scared about what happened, then came to SR to post about it, knowing very well it had something to do with the alcohol... But very quickly you divert your mind from the reality and start blaming the soda, or something complicated such as seizures... As you can see from the responses, many heavy drinkers had this experience, more than once.

I never peed the bed or any wrong place, but did some pretty crazy things in a semi-conscious, almost psychotic-like state, waking from being passed out drunk in the middle of the night. It scared the *** out of me in the morning to see what happened and it was very clearly the consequence of alcohol drinking. Alcohol seriously messes with both our judgment and many bodily functions and regulations.

I think a trip to the doctor is a good idea, but tell them about your drinking and ask for help with safe quitting. It'll help in so many ways!