Notices

Had some drinks - My thoughts

Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by mpr View Post
Not saying that. Who knows what label I am, alcoholic, problem drinker etc doesn't matter really.
What exactly are you saying then? Your original post specifically says that you have alcohol in your house, you can ( and will ) drink it whenever you choose ( or choose not to ) and that you had no ill efffects from drinking other than you simply didn't like it. That my friend is the textbook definition of a "normal" drinker. Whether you intend it or not, that is exactly what your post is saying.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sounds to me like the AV is 'on fire'
Old 10-07-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
What exactly are you saying then? Your original post specifically says that you have alcohol in your house, you can ( and will ) drink it whenever you choose ( or choose not to ) and that you had no ill efffects from drinking other than you simply didn't like it. That my friend is the textbook definition of a "normal" drinker. Whether you intend it or not, that is exactly what your post is saying.
I'm not going to label myself, I'm me, whatever that may be.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm not going to label myself, I'm me, whatever that may be.
I'm not labelling you either - i'm reading about your actions that clearly state that you feel alchohol is something completely under your control. That is not the case for the rest of us here. I'm not sure what you seek from us.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
mpr

I'm not labelling you either - i'm reading about your actions that clearly state that you feel alchohol is something completely under your control. That is not the case for the rest of us here. I'm not sure what you seek from us.
That is your impression, I never said that.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That is your impression, I never said that.
You said "I have booze on hand at home, I can have it anytime IF I want but I probably wont, not often at least."

What impression did you intend for people to have when writing that? Especially in an alcoholism forum where what you profess to have is not obtainable for the rest of us?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
mpr

You said "I have booze on hand at home, I can have it anytime IF I want but I probably wont, not often at least."

What impression did you intend for people to have when writing that? Especially in an alcoholism forum where what you profess to have is not obtainable for the rest of us?
What you quoted is my intention.

See mentally speaking I am ok not doing something if it is by choice. I have it on hand therefore I feel comfortable refusing it whereas before I did not keep it on hand, less of a choice for me as it was a no-no. That is all I meant by it.

As we all know what we intend, think and actually do can all be totally different. Of course I know what I'd like, what I'd prefer but only time can tell and even then I can only speak for myself. If someone else does xyz it doesn't mean I can and vice versa.

As of right now drink is not on my mind. Breaking that barrier for myself did some good I believe. Again not advocating just my experience thus far and like I said earlier any further discussion on that is not best to be discussed here. Anyone can private message me if they like.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
quat

Your posts and justifications thereof in this particular forum seem to lean more toward the trolling side of posting than not. Do you see that? Or not?
Old 10-07-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Your posts and justifications thereof in this particular forum seem to lean more toward the trolling side of posting than not. Do you see that? Or not?
Agreed.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

What you quoted is my intention.

See mentally speaking I am ok not doing something if it is by choice. I have it on hand therefore I feel comfortable refusing it whereas before I did not keep it on hand, less of a choice for me as it was a no-no. That is all I meant by it.

As we all know what we intend, think and actually do can all be totally different. Of course I know what I'd like, what I'd prefer but only time can tell and even then I can only speak for myself. If someone else does xyz it doesn't mean I can and vice versa.

As of right now drink is not on my mind. Breaking that barrier for myself did some good I believe. Again not advocating just my experience thus far and like I said earlier any further discussion on that is not best to be discussed here. Anyone can private message me if they like.
May I politely point out that for someone who doesn't have "drinking on the mind," you have exerted a lot of energy posting about drink.

Three straight drinks in a short amount of time is buzz chasing in my book. Not moderate drinking. That's a fact. Please take care of yourself.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
If I made my account recently sure but look at the whole picture, search my posts, look at my join date.

I've come to learn I can't please everybody and that is okay.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
May I politely point out that for someone who doesn't have "drinking on the mind," you have exerted a lot of energy posting about drink.

Three straight drinks in a short amount of time is buzz chasing in my book. Not moderate drinking. That's a fact. Please take care of yourself.
Every post and poster on this forum likely has drink on their mind at some point regularly, kind of comes with the territory.

3 iced drinks is not really straight, all ice melted before I was done, it does dilute the drink. I had 3 drinks in about 2.5 hours time that sounds reasonable to me.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Every post and poster on this forum likely has drink on their mind at some point regularly, kind of comes with the territory.

3 iced drinks is not really straight, all ice melted before I was done, it does dilute the drink. I had 3 drinks in about 2.5 hours time that sounds reasonable to me.
See bolded. That is because we are alcoholics. Yes, it kind of comes with the territory.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is about much more than a Public Service announcement.
You could have just made the announcement and left.

But you've stayed.

If you're a normal drinker why not just go and live your life - the doors always open if things go awry for you.

I'd like to know why you need our approval so much, mpr?
I'd also like to know why you're expending so much energy on justifying your drinking.

'waiting til the ice melts' is exactly something I used to do in one of my many futile attempts to limit my drinking

D
Old 10-07-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

mpr,
What are you looking for with this?
What do you hope to gain by posting this stuff?
Old 10-07-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
mpr

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
This thread is about much more than a Public Service announcement.
You could have just made the announcement and left.

If you're a normal drinker why not just go and live your life - the doors always open if things go awry for you.

I'd like to know why you need our approval so much, mpr?

D
I coincidentally just sent you a pm before seeing this post. You can close this thread if you like. I said what I wanted to already, nothing more to add.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

This is a terribly disrespectful post to put in this forum. Shame on you!
Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Perhaps this thread should be locked. The OP has said what he wanted to, and I fail to see what is gained from continued dialogue.

I worry about folks not very secure in new sobriety, and attempt what mpr is doing. It may work for him. Not for others.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sigh, I'm glad I've chosen sobriety and I don't have to play these games with myself anymore. How exhausting.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

In the past I had tried drinking in moderation... Prob is that When i drink, I have a switch that doesnt let me turn it off when I start... Not good for anyone