and placed with one person in a healthy,
happy, honest marriage.

I had no idea that this man I married
would bring me so much fun and joy
in my life. Never did I think Id be one
to have many lovely tattoos and learn
to ride a motorcycle. Yep, at the age
of 50, I took a riding course and later
got my endorsement after hip replacement.

I ride passenger with my GIFT provided
to me in recovery taking trips to the Grand
Canyon, Sturgis, Daytona all the the states
inbetween.

It still amazes me that when living in
a program of recovery my life is in GOOD
HANDS, safe, secured, healthy, happy
and honest.

Id say it cant get any better than that,
but I believe it will.

Of course this is how IT WORKS for me.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sugarbear1.. I just read step 7, what does this have to do with my situation. humility?
Old 08-23-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Petewill - if I could make a suggestion(if you aren't doing so already) - I would honestly try really hard to stop worrying about finding someone to fulfill an emptiness and look for some sort of interest-focused group(s) to get involved with socially. I am very physically active and where I live there are different groups that gather all the time bringing people together - stand up paddle boarding groups, running, mountain biking, road riding, tennis, hiking - you just show up! There are also groups like volunteer trail building groups that meet to do trail maintenance etc. Whenever I am involved with any of these groups there are invariably single people who are out there too. Many of them become friends and were I single - I would find it a great way to meet others.

My very beautiful/successful/driven sister was single for a few years - she was sure that "all the good ones were gone" and she would get really down about it. I gave her the same advice - just go do the things you like doing or are interested in trying - and sure enough - she just happened across a man who she is now a couple of years into a VERY happy relationship with - and they are TWO awesome people who circumstantially just ended up single in their 30's. It happens a LOT and to be brutally honest moping around and being negative will not put out the attitude that draws people into wanting to get to know you. It will come. Even volunteering for not for profits is a great place to get busy and meet people - you end up on committees for fundraising etc.....

As for the other Pete - seriously????? UGH. I am a successful career woman/mother and dedicated wife. I am surrounded by women who are a lot like me - and I don't think any of them would spend more than 30 seconds listening to that kind of crap you are perpetuating. It is very unfortunate that you feel the way you do and I would warn you that you do reap what you sow. It is terribly unfair and inaccurate to paint an entire gender with such a tarnished and inaccurate brush. It would be unfair of any woman to generalize a male population based on some of the idiots any one of us have come across in our days. I will say that if someone like that were to show up in a group of the type of people I choose to be around - we would all choose NOT to encourage him/her to stick around - noxious.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

C'mon gals. It's not like we make you wear burkas now.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the encouragement.. I actually feel better - what you have all said made me put things into a better perspective..
Old 08-24-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petewill View Post
Hello.. I am going on almost 14 months, still unemployed, but looking, got a new sponsor and started going over step 5 today, It went well. but, honestly, I have been pretty much a psychological wreck since getting (discharged) fired from my job. I was getting paid well and the person that let me go was axed a week later. anyway - still lonely and alone as hell.. I think I am severely flawed or something. Granted, the meetings do help with fellowshipping and all. I don't understand, I have my own place, some money, sobriety, a car, look pretty good, work out. I feel like i don't even exist to some women. Maybe I'm too old and should not even bother. It seems my epitaph with be "a dollar short and a day late" I know this is a luxury problem, but damn.. I have been on the straight and narrow for a awhile here. it seems like everyone just has someone for themselves, but me.. it looks like there is something seriously wrong with me.. sorry if I am whining, but are there any others that have over a year and feel like this, like they cannot connect or no one is there romantically? yeah, i know this probably sounds pathetic... whatever...
14 months and on step 5, might be an issue!!!!!!!!!!