Notices

Waiting to get into treatment/going insane

Old 08-23-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waiting to get into treatment/going insane

I've got a week in sober because when I get into this treatment center you have to be at least x5 days sober and not going through withdrawal symptoms (they breathalyze & do bloodwork upon your arrival). So to get this application done to get into this treatment facility I needed to get paperwork signed off on by a psychiatrist. After I got a referral from my family doc the psychiatrist at the last minutes cancelled my appointment with her due to a "personal commitment." When I went to get a referral to see another psychiatrist my family doc was on vacation and this intern referred me to arguably the worst psychiatrist in town. This guy just charges for every medical note & piece of toilet paper you use at his office. Because my referral to treatment was not a chargeable document for him he dragged his feet completing it. So this past Wednesday I went to his office enraged and when I learned he still hadn't finished completing his part of the document I needed to send to the treatment center I was irate. I yelled at him through his closed door to "get his ass out here and sign my f*cking paperwork." I left and was later greeted at my house by the police. They told me that kind of behavior was threatening & inappropriate. I told the cops that the only condition on my current probation order was that I see a psychiatrist and I explained my frustration at him not completing the documentation I needed to get into treatment. By the time they left, the cops were actually amused at my story.

Also waiting for my Employment Insurance to kick in cuz I've been off work on "medical leave" since early July. After having the Canadian government promise it would be evaluated and approved x28 days from my application they've made up lies and one guy eventually told me that all applications are backed up due to a massive teacher's strike or something. Beyond frustrated.

Thanks for listening. Staying sober in case I get the call to go to treatment. Wishing everyone a great weekend.....xx
Old 08-23-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good grief; what a mess, mercurial me. Hope things get straightened out soon and that things start to look up for you.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there mercurial me!!
Old 08-23-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do hope this gets sorted for you as soon as possible. Hang in there, keep being good to yourself, & stay close to any sober support you have.

Wish you well. Let us know what happens
Old 08-23-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Maybe you could hit some meetings while you are awaiting approval of your treatment? They are free, and even if you have no intention of working then steps or any part of the program, it's beneficial to be around others with the same goal as you. Your 5 days is a great accomplishment, build on it and learn from other
Old 08-23-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're dealing with so much frustration. Good for you for staying sober, and as Scott said, why not build on it.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AA has worked for a lot of people and I have a ton of respect for the people who are sponsors and attend those meetings. My personal experience in my local chapter of AA was there was a lack of confidentiality there. My experience is certainly not to dissuade anyone from going to meetings. If I had a different experience going to AA meetings it might have saved me from mass destruction to my body & relationships in this life. This will be my first time going to treatment....
Old 08-23-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have known many who stayed sober after treatment
Stay strong you will be there before long
Things will keep getting better for you if you don't drink
MM
Old 08-23-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was in rehab 3 years ago. I also had problems dealing with the referral and document process. My doctor sat on the documents after I had personally dropped them off. I called and called, went in personally again and said some angry words. The rehab could not admit me unless this paperwork was done so it was very frustrating.

Keep things in perspective. This just a small hurdle. When you get into treatment this crap won't matter anymore. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Merc, you've made some real good goals. Just think how getting beyond all this will be so liberating. You can do it, don't give up.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sorry things aren't going well for you Merc. But I am really pleased to see you have 5 days. Keep trying , sending strength and prayers from Australia.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aussieblue View Post

I am really pleased to see you have 5 days.
yes, that is a great start on a sober life

fight to keep it if you have to

M-Bob