Notices

Hello!!!

Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Awesome on 4 days! Don't go crazy about the aches and pains, of course you should get it checked out but alcohol causes all sorts of strange pains, that will disappear once you get a few weeks sober. I like to compare it to watching a slow motion video of a skyscraper being imploded in reverse. Everything comes back together, just as it should be, with time. Your my age so have a long life ahead of you to look forward to without alcohol being the focal point of your every waking day.

Dont let your guard down and dont listen to that booze voice in your head telling you to get a drink. Its a trick and it's not really what you want. Those waves come hard and often in the first few weeks and months, seemingly out of nowhere. Certain things will trigger these drinking urges but the key is to know what they are and be prepared for them before they appear. That way you can say to yourself, "haha i knew you were coming and i am ready for you, NOT DRINKING!"

best of luck to you.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're back!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

"I've been sober just over a year now and I can tell you that life has never been better."

Aint that the truth!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey guys -

I think the whole telling my wife thing worked wonders for me, thus far. I was initially weary of doing it, and tried to keep it to myself. That never worked out so well. As of now I am just over 2 weeks without a drink, and feel pretty damn good about it. I do get cravings...gas stations bring them on, LOL, as that is usually where I would buy the beer. Another weird thing is that I used to never be able to enter my mancave without a beer. I like to play video games, and playing without a beer was treacherous, or, in all actuality, impossible. I now seem to do it without thought. Thank you guys for reading my silly posts. They don't come often, but I do like to spout off on occasion and you always make me feel welcome. Thank you and good luck to you all!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time! I'm glad you're back and sober. Living sober really is the way to go.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

7 weeks. Damn. I am shocked that I have been pretty happy without beer. I do have great support, and my wife seems to think that "I'm back" to the way I was when she met me. It has been great.

I still have some health anxiety. A little depression comes and goes. Overall, though, I am doing well. I hope you are all well, too. Thank you!
Old 12-15-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 weeks pal.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

7 weeks is amazing!!!! You should give yourself a major pat on the back. Just try to remember how you felt when you were drinking and how hard it was to quit. That good feeling you have now will only get better and better. Nice going!! John
Old 12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
instant

Keep it up mate the rewards keep coming

There are "costs" of sobriety however the overall positive gain is enormous

after 3 years sober I am amazed at how my life has transformed