Notices

Just had my 2nd seizure

Old 07-01-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm sitting here watching the USA vs Belgium and all I can think of is heading to the bar or store
Old 07-01-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 9 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through, you can do this!!

I'm watching the footie too, are you having anything non alcoholic to drink, sometimes substituting and having something in your hand may help!!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

XA-Speakers - The lights are on!
Old 07-01-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Rock2534 View Post
I'm sitting here watching the USA vs Belgium and all I can think of is heading to the bar or store
Try and remember what will happen if you do head to the store. Last time it was seizures...it won't be any better the next time around.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Try and remember what will happen if you do head to the store. Last time it was seizures...it won't be any better the next time around.
Im trying but jesus this is tough. 14 days has been my longest amount of time and I just wish I could get to the doctors in less than 24 hours so I can get my blood drawn and see if my results are going up. I'm debating if I can really do this. I've been in this same routine for so long its tough to break. Im gonna take the dog out for a walk after the game and try and kill some time playing with him.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Rock2534 View Post
Im trying but jesus this is tough. 14 days has been my longest amount of time and I just wish I could get to the doctors in less than 24 hours so I can get my blood drawn and see if my results are going up. I'm debating if I can really do this. I've been in this same routine for so long its tough to break. Im gonna take the dog out for a walk after the game and try and kill some time playing with him.
You can do this, and you are doing it. The first few weeks are incredibly rough, especially if you have been drinking for a long time. Your body needs time to recover physically and mentally. One of the things that worked well for me was to make a written calendar of my day and make plans for each and every hour. Allowing for idle time really opens the door for the cravings to creep in.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott and everyone. Decided to stick it out and not go to the store and the cravings seemed to subside. Still there but not as bad and tonight is almost over. Took the dog for a nice walk and came straight back
Old 07-02-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you make it 9-10 days. Considering you had a couple seizures...I wouldn't take this lightly. I'd stick it out and give sobriety a chance.