Notices

Difficult day

Old 06-24-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Difficult day

Got home after a busy shift and did my usual drive up the mountain with the dogs but that dreaded store on the way. Oh I hate that store, there is no easier way up to the top and I have to pass it. Lately I just pass it and forget about it soon after but today it would no let me go. I could see it, taste it and feel the frayed nerves being soothed by the numbing action. I texted a friend and asked them to talk me down. Instantly a "Don't Do it!" came back at me and I felt a little better. It still wore on me the whole trail and of course at the end I had to walk by another drunk's empty can. I literally stopped to stare at it for a few seconds. There is another way back down but it is further up and then around out west before heading back down. So I took the long way back and stopped for gas and coffee.

Upon getting back to the house I got a "what took you so long?" So I said I stopped for gas and coffee and she said. "Anything Else?" GRRR... 18 months in and she still thinks I will give in that easy. It's why I texted a friend, not her.

Oh well, I am fine and made it through the worst episode I have had in over 6 months. I am just reminded I can trust no one but myself to keep myself honest and of course the grace of one good friend who took the initiative to respond and strengthen my resolve at a very weak moment.

Another sober day on the menu, I hope yours is too.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it through Sudz.
It will all count in the end, my friend

D
Old 06-24-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through!!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

The satisfaction of doing it right, and standing tall to claim it, is truly priceless. You wouldn't trade that for anything, let alone a foul poisonous debilitating drink. Nicely done, Sudz.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Glad you made it
Old 06-24-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Having a real bad day myself. If it weren't for the antabuse in my system I have no doubt that I would drink today, probably would have already started. Days off are the hardest. I look forward to days off but don't accomplish nearly as much as I want to, and then feel bad about that. I will make it through, and keep taking the med, so I have no worry that I will drink, but I really wish I could just get numb right now.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I get a craving on the road as I see places to buy alcohol I will stop and get food immediately. I'll stop and get fast food or something sweet and eat quickly to get lots of sugar and carbs in me. This has helped to prevent me from buying alcohol on many occasions.