Notices

Three weeks lost

Old 06-27-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three weeks lost

I thought I'd better report in after not posting for a while. I really let my programme slip for three weeks - and by that I mean no meetings, not logging on here, not keeping my journal, not praying, not meditating and not doing the things that keep me happy and sober.

I drank for quite a bit of that time (not every day but probably every other day, getting really drunk a few times). I also ended up taking drugs which I very rarely do.

Anyway, at the beginning of this week I decided that enough was enough and it's time to sort things out again. So, I've been going back to meetings and reaching out to other people in the Fellowship. I've also been doing my journal and here I am posting on SR.

It's also been helpful to listen to inspiring music in various forms.

The weekend's looming and I am pretty sure I can get through it sober. I have a language exam in ten days and at the very least I'd like stay sober until then.

Of course, AA offers long term abstinence and that's a goal to strive for. But just for now, I'll concentrate on getting through this weekend sober.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nothing for it but put the past in the past and go at it again!! You'll get there!!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on having the courage to be accountable and write your post......not easy to do. Sounds like you are using all the tools to get yourself going again. You can do it! Just keep on....

I tried and failed so many times....I understand. Thank you for posting.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi and congratulations on trying to get things back in order. Too often I was in that mode and despite much encouragement I wanted to drink more than I wanted to stay sober and looking back now that was part of my insanity. I’m grateful I was able to ask for help at the end and it worked for me for a lot of years now. I don’t ever want to be one of those that couldn’t make it because I’ve seen too many over the years that didn’t. what I’d call good fine people.
As the expression goes “But for the grace of God go I.”

BE WELL
Old 06-27-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for your warm encouragement. I made it through another sober and I will get up in good time and go to a meeting at ten am tomorrow.

Knowing that you guys are out there supporting me is good. But to be in a group with other people working their recovery is also great.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great you have posted again. And even greater is your vision of what were the pitfalls, what could be the possible aids for you to move ahead.

Yes, do go to meetings if they help you.

I also love meditation (and music), but sooo much to learn about it. If you like these things, keep going explore them, see if/how they might help with your problems.

Good luck
Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to have you back endless. Glad you checked in for extra support.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back EP
I hope you can make this time your time.

That drinking stuff has some seriously diminishing returns.

D