Notices

Do you folks want me to quit posting here?

Old 05-05-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you folks want me to quit posting here?

I'm not here to start a riot .

If the general opinion is for me to not post
Then I won't .

I feel like I have a bit to add to the knowledge base .

And I call it as I see it .
Old 05-05-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no need for anyone to vote, Karate.
If you want to stay, stay.

D
Old 05-05-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I saw the thread that I think you are referring to. No, you have just as much to offer as anyone else. Nobody, regardless of how long they are sober, is an expert here. We addicts are a very sensitive group, so I'm not surprised.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful

Karate, we all bring something different to the table here. We may occasionally disagree with how we are striving for our goals but we all have the same goal in the end, living a reasonably happy life while staying sober. I've been fighting the good battle for a long time so I try my best not to judge where others are in the process (easier said than done sometimes).

Another thing I've learned from using online forums for many years is not to take things personally (also easier said than done sometimes). I knew a guy on another forum who used to have "thread killer" in his signature because it seemed to him that threads always ended after he posted.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Karate - have read lots of the threads you've started, but never responded to one yet. This one warranted a response.

What you post is food for thought. Doesn't matter if I read it, agree with it or take umbrage to it, the response I have belongs to me, not you. My understanding & experience of of SR is that there is room for everyone, and on here, as in life, not everyone agrees with each other all of the time. That would in any case be very boring, not to mention unhealthy.

Grungehead's take is excellent. Whatever it is, don't take it personal, and ultimately, we're all on the same team, aspiring to a good, decent, well lived life and doing the best we can, with what we have, to live that.

Wish you well
Old 05-05-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

I think I saw a thread of yours someone made a comment like "do you believe the stuff you post" or something along those lines. I think they where probably refering to your ups and downs of recovery. We've seen you get on the wagon and fall off trying moderation or this or that along the way. I guess whomever made the comment is weary of your roller coaster ride in recovery. I can only assume this is why your asking what your asking in this thread.

Personally I dont care. I've always enjoyed your posts and I realize everyones got there ups and downs. I might have almost 3 eyars under my belt but I feel like I only have 1 days sometimes.

Recovery is as much about the journey as it is the destinatation. Judgeing by your posts if we where to meet face to face we'd probably be good buds.

I'd hope you wouldnt stop posting.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No; please stick around and keep posting.

All of us here on SR are as varied in the totality of their life experiences as there are stars in the sky. Our commonality is the desire to achieve and maintain sobriety.

Don't go; I would miss you.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I enjoy reading your recovery journey and your posts...recovery is definitely not a one size fits all.
Most of us here are here for the same thing...
Kickback and be yourself and post away...we all have something to offer.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Karate, howz things? I must have missed what you're talking about. I certainly don't want you to go away. I recall when I used to p'd off in rehab at the nonsense and how people acted. The counselor would have to remind me to, "Remember who you are dealing with." We are all not saints, we are all not experts and most of us are just hoping to find a solution to our own dilemma. We come from everywhere and every background. That's why every three weeks there will be a thread debating Christianity and AA.
But back to the "Remember who you are dealing with... Consider that whoever offends you may also be not well. I'm sure I have offended many people here. It is clearly not my intention. The plain written word does not always carry the intent of the writer.
Anyway, stick around and move on. You are a very valuable part of this forum to me.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Karate. My vote is we all stay, and we all stay sober. I think you are on the right track this time. Never give up. It is easy to get your feelings hurt and walk away. Don't let anyone stop you on your journey. Hang tough man. We love you.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Karate - I've been thinking about this for many weeks. Every time I write 'Hi Karate' I think about it - I know, I'm demented. I guess now is the time to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo
Old 05-05-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Hi Karate - I've been thinking about this for many weeks. Every time I write 'Hi Karate' I think about it - I know, I'm demented. I guess now is the time to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo
Thanks, LBrain - that's why "Hi Karate" sounded so familiar to me, also. Mystery solved.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Note there is an ignore poster option.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.
Posts have been removed,
Let's not forget we're a support site. We're on the same team.

thanks

D
Old 05-05-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No offense taken .

I don't feel like I want to disrupt the site though .

I have some drastic highs and lows , blood sugar related
Not making excuses , but I range from "high " to hungover
Without any substance abuse .

I'll stay

Some of us can agree , to disagree .
Old 05-05-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah karate I have some pretty drastic highs and lows myself. I try not to post too much about the lows I dont want to burden people. But I know when I do I end up getting the much needed reality check from others who will say it like it is here and sometimes I need that. Other times people are off the mark in there responses but there just trying to help.

I should post more of my lows then everyone will learn I'm not always mr up beat and have plenty of times where i'm a winy beast! haha.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Keep posting Karate. I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your views on different topics. If people don't care for your posts then they can simply choose not to read them.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

You've got as much right to post here as anyone else.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I would like for you to quit posting silly threads.....like THIS one. Lol

How boring life would be if you could only read and hear one point of view.

Keep it coming.

By the way....I thought self sufficient farmer folk had thick skins?!?
Old 05-05-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by karate View Post
I'm not here to start a riot .

If the general opinion is for me to not post
Then I won't .

I feel like I have a bit to add to the knowledge base .

And I call it as I see it .

Hi Karate,

No I for one do not want you to stop posting here, if you saw any of my posts yesterday concerning another member then you will realise what people generally think is there call and not something you can or even want to change, stay here and help yourself. If people don't like it then the answer for them is simple, don't read it.

Stay with us Karate.