Notices

Do you folks want me to quit posting here?

Old 05-05-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If I were a new person just joining this forum, coming upon a thread like this would make me VERY uncomfortable.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenkd View Post
I would like for you to quit posting silly threads.....like THIS one. Lol

How boring life would be if you could only read and hear one point of view.

Keep it coming.

By the way....I thought self sufficient farmer folk had thick skins?!?

We are , I don't want to be disruptive
Old 05-05-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

Originally Posted by karate View Post
We are , I don't want to be disruptive
I for one think your ruptivity is the readers to make of it, and I dont dis it
Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
If I were a new person just joining this forum, coming upon a thread like this would make me VERY uncomfortable.
Really? I've seen much worse. Nobody is advocating moderation, glorifying drinking, etc. Most of the posts are in support of Karate. If anything, this thread should let others know we support them and their views.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Posts have been removed,
Let's not forget we're a support site. We're on the same team.

thanks

D
Hi Dee, thanks for this post I think sometimes things take a turn on here but yes we are all here to be helped and give help when we can.
I must admit I got a bit peed off yesterday with regards to Complexiti as I honestly think some people just need to vent without being judged.
Cheers Dee.
Stuart.

Last edited by Stoogy; 05-05-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

nah hang around....I like your tractor.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

You are just trying to find your way. Like any of the rest of us.

Perhaps your thinking is a little out of the box, coloring outside the lines, but I think you are trying to really find yourself.

I truly think you are.

Just so long as you aren't trying to persuade anyone regarding the magnificence of substance abuse, have at it.

If it doesn't fit someone else's paradigm of recovery, there are options for that.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Karate, since I've been here many people have come and gone. The threads that spark the most debate are usually the most heavily read. They make us look at the other side of the story and make us think, "Hey, maybe I could be wrong". I've been wrong much of the time, I still am, but this forum has forced me to look at both sides of the story. Keep posting, everyone loves a good debate! If we were just a bunch of nodding heads there would be no point to it.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I think its good to get stuff off your chest once in a while. I'd rather put my foot in my mouth here than at home or work. I know I can come back, make amends and be quickly forgiven by the people on this forum because they understand that as an alcoholic I probably wear my heart on my sleeve sometimes and can be prone to the odd "dummy spit". I would give them the same right.
I'm glad you are staying. We are recovering together.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

stay. I read more than I post, and I always read your stuff.

if everyone posted with the same opinions, I wouldn't find the site interesting.

any true forum has differing view points.

didn't have a chance to read the thread in question, but have an idea of what transpired.

first of all, when we use text as a means of communication, we hear no tone of voice, and see no facial/body expression. the only way to hear a laugh is "LOL"-which someone has to type in. there are different types of "LOL". -get my point?

honesty, concern, sarcasm, etc.-all somewhat difficult to convey in a txt forum.

ever wonder why people get so enraged that they can direct the most vile crap at others when driving on the highway? its psychological. being distanced, and sealed in our car gives us the illusion of separation. you know people don't behave the same way, face to face in the walmart! that's why we talk differently here than if we were in a cirle at rehab eating cookies. -mmmm...cookies....Ha!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Everyone is welcome!!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

As I finally read it this morning on another Thread, you hit a Nerve. It was unintentional, which is huge. No harm intended, given your tone in your body of Posts.

I've been doing this Forum 'stuff' - including being a Mod on a few Sites - for several Decades, starting with very rudimentary Chat Rooms. By age 12, I was chatting via Morse Code around the World on Ham Radio. Guano occurs. We all have carefully-composed thoughts misconstrued. Hopefully, we dust off and carry on.

Besides, it appears as if you're 'Deere' to everyone. Very 'Deere', John.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Karate, I like reading your posts.

I want the person from Cameroon selling fake passports and ID's to stop posting!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I just sent the mods a spam alert about that.

I like you, Karate!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I certainly don't want to see you go. I definitely have disagreed with you before, but its all good.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

No one has a vote anyway save the very senior mods, so go post potty lol
Old 05-05-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by coldfusion View Post

i want the person from cameroon selling fake passports and id's to stop posting!
that!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Karate, I also would like you to stay. I think you have an interesting character and occupy a unique place on this board with your posts. I think most of us probably say things sometimes that we regret later and that might sound too provocative or irritating to someone else - early recovery is a very sensitive state to be in, we take many things very personally.

Also, online forums are just as offline life in some ways: people get into disagreements and conflicts, then resolve them... I think the healthy approach is to work through conflicts, not to avoid overtly. It's also normal that we naturally feel more compatible with certain people and less so with others. I personally like directness and when people tell me they disagree with me or are disturbed by something I say or do, that way I know and can try to work on the issue.

I actually tend to feel a bit uneasy when a longer time, active member takes off impulsively in a negative state of mind and disappears.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Karate - a lot of other people are posting here who could use your experiences. Maybe post on their threads and try to help them?
Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I like your posts Karate. We do not always agree but who does? I think everyone gets a little something from others journeys. Take what you like and leave the rest. You have posted some good stuff here.