Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

strategy for dealing with problems bigger then you

Notices

strategy for dealing with problems bigger then you

Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

What steps have you taken to get a new job? That sounds like it would fix both of your big problems . . .
Thats just it i've been enduring this job issue for years now. Nothing will allow me to feed my family there is nothing out there paying me what i make now. and anytime i find anything close enough My wife complains its out of the house or we agree the commute is too far.

I keep thinking of downsizing but no one wants to pull the trigger on that. Tho the reality is we may not have a choice if i loose my job because of my toxic attitude and performance.

It disappoints me I used to have a great work ethic and liked this field. I thought getting sober i'd get a clearer heaad about it instead I'm horrified i ever got into this field. I think I tolerated it better when i drank because at the end of the day I'd just get drunk and forget about it. Now I have to face the music and I'm so mad i got myself into this mess with this. Its one of those "what was i thinking" kinda moments.

Its one area where sobering up didnt make it better it just made the view more clear and more scary. I've had other big problems but I've resolved those and moved forward. This ones been a thorn in my side.

Some times I just wanna roll the dice Hand in my resignation and and sink or swim. But I have 6 kids and a wife that seems pretty unwise to me. Of course getting fired by surprise cause of a crummy atitude is pretty foolish too.

I think I long since past the burned out phase. I keep trying to cope with this and hope for brighter days ahead. LIke the somehow the skys going to open up and the job I like will fall out. Since it seems theres a road block everytime I try to make decisions in the right direction on this one.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are struggling with this. There is a solution, don't give up! You have to be very creative with your thinking . . . downsizing sounds like a possible solution - why don't you pursue that a little more vigorously?

You might also speak to a professional career counselor (and choose someone who actually knows what they are doing - there are probably a lot of flakes out there).

The answer is out there - you just have not figured it out yet.

Get creative - don't give up!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

God grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I CANNOT change
Courage to CHANGE the things I CAN
And wisdom to know the DIFFERENCE

Praying for the wisdom to know the difference, an intuitive thought, an inspiration, or the right action for a given situation has worked very well for me.

To be in this situation I had to deal with the major problem first, how to handle sobriety. When that was done and I had established a working relationship with my higher power, no problem is insurmountable.

To correct an earlier quote.." Fear of economic insecurity will leave us" and that's how it is. No matter what happens I absolutely know it will work out ok. I take some action and leave the results in Gods hands.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah since posting this someones talked to me about another possible way to make some money it sounds like an ok idea and somthing I can do its not an immediate solution but its something.

I think i've resigned myself to selling my problem vehicle I dunno what else to do. I dont have the money for the repairs and i'm not sure it would be worth it anyhow.

So i'm going to roll the dice and pick out another car from the pool of used vehicles and hope i pick a winner this time. I wont be able to afford anything adequate for the family so its going to be smaller and it'll just have to do and thats that.

My options are not the best but I gotta get some balls rolling or some momentum sitting here wallowing in the same problems not doing anything isnt really solving anything either. I hate to stuff my head in the sand but thats the only way i know how to cope so thats what I've been doing. Stuffing my head in the sand and hoping something gives normally something does but this time I feel I gotta just make some choices and see what happens.

I hope i'm not screwing this all up even more *sigh*