Notices

This is it, and i mean it!

Old 04-12-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is it, and i mean it!

I hate you alcohol, and I am not standing for this anymore. I am done with you. No not for a month, not for a week, a day etc, forever.
This.... is how I feel right now. I can not even believe I am here again looking for help....AGAIN! I have quit for at the most maybe 9 days. I tell myself I am done and then a week passes, and I crumble. I forget how painful it is and I drink. I am going to start coming here more often. I know I need AA but I just can't seem to fit it into my life right now. I am so stressed. Anyway that is all.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand. What do you plan on doing about it Friend?
Old 04-12-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I told myself that as well, a million times. This is it I screamed at the top of my lungs. Pouring the booze out, telling everyone I am done with booze. You are too busy for AA, but you got time to get drunk. Gotcha. Makes sense I guess. I dont know much.

I wish you the best.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by needtostopthis View Post
I know I need AA but I just can't seem to fit it into my life right now.
If you have time to drink you have time for AA. Or any recovery method for that matter. You simply need to make the choice to quit and seek help. SR is a great place to do that as well, how can we help?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Without a solid plan for recovery, there is little hope. Decades of experience demonstrate that we are likely to lose anything that we place ahead of our sobriety.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think in the very early phase of sobriety / recovery our obsessive tendency can come handy... the classic switching obsessions phenomenon. Come here and post instead of drinking, as a start!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You never have to go through this misery again - it really can be over for good. We know you can do it.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck i really hope u turn ur life around. Take care
Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are all right. I do have time to drink so why don't I have time for AA? I know I need some kind of plan because what I am doing or have been doing is not working. I know this may sound bad but being a binger I think makes this hard for me, because I can go days without booze and then I do it again, so I tell myself "your not THAT bad" You went 3-4-5 days you can drink, you are not as bad as others. I need to stop that.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you need AA or any recovery method, fit it in to your life right now, stressed or not. The recent death (by alcohol) of a relapsed alcoholic reminds me again that this is not a matter of preference. It's a matter of life or death. Sorry so grim, but i have seen this take so many and it angers me sometimes.
Please be prepared to go to any lengths for your recovery...
G
Old 04-13-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm all too familar with talking yourself back iinto drinking a few days after quitting by telling yourself you can do it and be fine. I can really relate to the things you are saying.

What works for me iwhen I try to justify drinking again is to constantly remind myself and try to remember what will really happen after I pick up that first drink. This might sound weird, but it's kind of like a battle I have in my mind with myself.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AA member

If you stay sober you will have plenty of time for AA.

I made all sorts of excuses to myself about why I couldn't go to AA.My Alcoholism progressed to the point where I was lucky to be alive.I went in total despair and up until today I have stayed sober.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by needtostopthis View Post
I know this may sound bad but being a binger I think makes this hard for me, because I can go days without booze and then I do it again, so I tell myself "your not THAT bad" You went 3-4-5 days you can drink, you are not as bad as others. I need to stop that.
Invoking an AV/alcoholic voice is not helpful for me, but I do recognize thinking and behavior that's the result of untreated alcoholism when I see it.

If it were a matter of just "stopping that," none of us would be here.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Without a solid plan for recovery, there is little hope. Decades of experience demonstrate that we are likely to lose anything that we place ahead of our sobriety.
Hi EndGameNYC, interesting post and I do not doubt your methods one little bit, but can I ask what you define as a solid recovery plan? I hear this so much but I have only one plan- it is quite simple and uncomplicated it is to simply stay sober, no aa meetings just not letting my brain play tricks on me.

All the best
Old 04-13-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome back and keep going, you'll make it if you try.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Where did the alcohol come from to
drink it? Was it in ur home? Did you
drive to the store to buy it? Did you
go to a club?

Home, store, clubs are all places I
can avoid to not drink it.

All alcohol is completely removed
out of my house. If it is not there,
where I spend most of my day, then
I wont drink it. If I have to drive to
the store and there is temptation
to buy it, then I would have someone
else go with me or them go for me
instead.

Clubs are out all together because that
is no place for this alcoholic in recovery
to be.

Just a few suggestions to pass along
ur way.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi needtostopthis . When you say no more alcohol ever, it is hard. For me just saying, I will not drink today. If you are a binge drinker, it might even make it easier. I know if you plan to quit, you do need a plan. I come here every day and make a pledge on the 24 hour thread, that says, I will not drink for the next 24 hours. I come here often and try to help others. We have meetings here every Tuesday and Friday nights that are very helpful to me. Every time I need help, people are always here for me. In the early days I spent all my time in the chat room. Great place to meet some wonderful sober people. If I can do this, I know you can. Make a plan and stick to it. We are here for you.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I wish you the best of luck. We're all in the same boat here. I've had a fair few slip ups since I made the decision to quit last July. I'm convinced that this site was helping in a big way to keep me sober. No more lurking. Time to get involved in the community. You get what you give.

I genuinely wish you the very best of luck.

Bom.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Doctor Bob, one of the founders of AA left a little message for you:

" But if you really and truly want to quit drinking liquor for good and all, and sincerely feel that you must have some help, we know that we have an answer for you. It never fails, if you go about it with one half the zeal you have been in the habit of showing when you were getting another drink."

I was a binge drinker just like you. I felt just like you. You can recover, just like me,
if you are willing to make the effort.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
painless

Smile

I said the very same thing 1000 shots of heroin ago... And i kept on saying it over and over in between shots... I was lost... Took me to loose the woman I thought would never leave my side no matter what. Losing her I thought was the worst thing in my life because i was only thinking about her and not myself like im strongly focusing on. Shell heal in her own way and I pray to God we can make things work in time but for now i gotta focus on me and take care of me just like you gotta take care of you... its a hard thing to quit because alcohol is sold everywhere and redly available in a moments notice. my heart goes out to all alcoholics way more then to any other drug users because of its easy access.. Put your trust in what you consider to be your higher power. Mine is Jehova God and im just a run of the mill christian that goes to a nondenomination church to pray my thanks. IF U HAVE TIME TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AND GO BUY BEER THEN U HAVE TIME TO MAKE IT TO A MEETING... LETS FACE THE FACTS... You gotta want this more then anything in your life because sobriety is the only thing that will give u back your life... best of luck for u... i pray for this entire website. without it id be lost and probably using.. this website is my multi daily fix and the feelings i get from posting and reading other posts beats any drug in the world...