Notices

What little things make you happy?

Old 04-03-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What little things make you happy?

My moods are all over the place at the moment. But right now I would describe myself as "content". Spent the day cleaning, and now I am lying on fresh sheets with the remote, my book and a cup of camomile tea. I treated myself to this new face cream and it smells gorgeous! (When I was drinking I would never have wasted money on creams. The most I did was comb my hair and clean my teeth...if that.) Tomorrow I am going to a meeting and then for a large americano and a raspberry and white chocolate muffin...then a walk on the beach to work off the muffin

All of these things make me happy and I am feeling peaceful right now. So my friends, what makes you feel good?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Going to bed sober makes me happy. Waking up without a hangover and regrets also makes me happy. These two times of the day are often the best parts of my day.

And your post reminded me that clean bed sheets are also nice. I can be a little fanatical about changing bed sheets; there's nothing quite like falling dead tired into freshly laundered sheets.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tetra and Feenixx it sounds like we're starting a common theme with mornings here. I'll jump on board, waking up is my favorite time of day now also! When my alarm rings I get excited about what is in store for me.

As for sleeping, I'm not so particular about sheets, but last night it rained in the middle of the night. Nothing like sleeping with the windows open and a nice steady rain coming down.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Being cozy inside while it's raining and thundering outside. That is my favorite time to snuggle under the covers and go to sleep.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Being sober in itself makes me happy. I also love a hot cup of tea and clean sheets. I have always been a morning person, and waking up remembering what I did last night is a wonderful feeling. Yep, I am feeling very content myself. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

I enjoy it when I am in the store and run into a Mom with her child and the child smiles back at me. There is just something about the joy of a happy kid that makes my day!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My dog and cat make me very happy.

The dog has joy for everything, and I mean everything, in life.
The mischievous cat makes me truly laugh out loud.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Not having to wake up to an alarm on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Thank you for asking this. I had a moment tonight that imprinted itself, forever, on my heart. And on my soul.

I'm about to face a major surgery, and when that sort of thing happens to the rock in the family, the dynamics seem to shift. Tonight, I saw my teenage daughter look at me in a way she never has before. With such admiration, and palpable love, it was quantifiable.

That single moment was absolute perfection. Everything I ever wanted, would want , or could want, all came together in that space of time.

Thanks for giving me a place to share this.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Being able to tell my wife I love her without having to apologize for being drunk first.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Tossing a treat to my big dog and watching her catch it in mid-air. Also, handing a treat to my little dog because he doesn't perform for such things.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My bedroom is my sanctuary. A place where I can leave the madness behind and be grateful for another day of sobriety. I can say my prayers and ask for strength and wisdom to live my life according to Gods will and not mine. I cannot remember ever going to bed after drinking and being grateful for having a place to rest. Thank you Jesus!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Alcohol Abistence- 03-18-2014

At the moment, waking up and spending 6am to 7am outside in a chair listening to birds makes me content for two reasons. One, it's peaceful considering most of the neighborhood is still asleep. Two, it's knowing that in the past I wouldn't have ever considered being up at 6 unless it was pulling an all nighter and heading to bed.

That and listening to music, and not just death metal. Nox Arcana, Two Steps from Hell, just music in general. Normally it was a reason to have shots (to certain lyrics in certain songs), and now it's just to relax and get back to practicing guitar and drums. I didn't realize how bad I had gotten at both, since I normally only touched them when I was wasted and thought I was a rockstar.

If I had a beach or even a nearby body of water besides Lake Puddle (Mead), I'd probably enjoy time at the beach too.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh, I know what you mean about the face cream! Since I've quit drinking I have learned to love giving myself a weekly facial and painting my nails.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I woke up this morning.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I think I saw a post from you with a picture of spring time like weather. I'm sure that helps too

Sober laughter and humor in daily life makes me feel good. I had an absolute stressful and horrible day yesterday. When all was said and done, being sober and watching some shows on Hulu, other things on the internet, and having genuine laughs out-loud completely turned my mood and feelings around. Even if I am driving and am stressed or something, thinking of something comical can really help me de-stress and lighten my mood
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

A conversation with my 4 year old Grandson is truly a joy....I asked him earlier this week if he would like to go for a walk....He said "lets go to Walmart or Fred Meyer". Bless his little heart.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Your avatar makes me happy. Bunnies unite! Carrots for a better world! Oops, am I being silly? Being silly makes me happy.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My teenage daughter asking me if we can spend Saturday together.

For years I was comatose on Saturday mornings, either still drunk or hungover. She would tiptoe past me and make excuses to go out. The fact that she wants to spend time with me now gives me a lump in my throat...
Old 04-03-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Talking with The Lord 1st thg in the morning & going to a mtg before day is over