# 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Today a little John Renbourn medieval music made me happy

D
Old 04-04-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
A conversation with my 4 year old Grandson is truly a joy....I asked him earlier this week if he would like to go for a walk....He said "lets go to Walmart or Fred Meyer". Bless his little heart.
Grandkids rock! Tonight my granddaughter made me happy she came into my room after her mom read her her story and said "grandma you have to come to my room cause I want to read you a story! She is only 4 so the book took on a life of it's own .
Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

One of the reasons I wanted to quit drinking was that I was tired, dog tired, of bumming rides and taking taxis everywhere because I was so afraid to drive drunk. I LOVE to drive and the more my disease progressed, the smaller my window of being able to drive (AV justified it by saying I was saving the miles on my car. Ha!)

Tonight I drove myself to work and back - sober - for the first time in months!!! It was such a little thing, really, for most people ... but I hope I'll never forget how FREEING that was!!!! And I'm going to do it again tomorrow. More drives to look forward to!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Listening to owls at night while I'm tucked up in bed. They help me to appreciate that I am part of something so much bigger.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Peanut butter, thunderstorms, getting text messages from my college-aged kids. A full tank of gas, the way silk and cashmere feel next to my skin, a smile from my lover, pretty much anything in bloom. Seventy-five and sunny, the incense they burn at the Hindu temple in Atlanta, Humphries McGee and several other jam bands...

Oh! I'm smiling! Thanks for asking
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I wake up without having to throw up!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

A girl just skateboarded past my house and the sun was out. Silly things like that put a spring in my step xxxx
Old 04-04-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Little things like reading all of these posts makes me happy. The energy and positivity from all of them is uber-cool!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ultimately the warm and fuzzy confident feelings of sobriety make me happy.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Magsie

Reading all your posts and feeling your happiness makes me smile xx
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
My moods are all over the place at the moment. But right now I would describe myself as "content". Spent the day cleaning, and now I am lying on fresh sheets with the remote, my book and a cup of camomile tea. I treated myself to this new face cream and it smells gorgeous! (When I was drinking I would never have wasted money on creams. The most I did was comb my hair and clean my teeth...if that.) Tomorrow I am going to a meeting and then for a large americano and a raspberry and white chocolate muffin...then a walk on the beach to work off the muffin

All of these things make me happy and I am feeling peaceful right now. So my friends, what makes you feel good?
What makes me feel good? Great question, well being a dude face cream does nothin for me😜😄 but seriously the click of the kettle freshly boiled for my coffee, walking my dog 1st thing in the morning and generally just catching up right here.
Hope you all have a happy and sober weekend. We all can do it.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

just some quiet makes me happy, this house is always load and angry so yeah a little quiet is all that makes me happy
Old 04-04-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

What makes you feel good? A sandy beach somewhere tropical, with a loving wife and children. Helping other people, seeing their face change when they finally realize the obvious.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Broccoli cheese soup. It's what I'm having for lunch.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Tetra and Feenixx it sounds like we're starting a common theme with mornings here.
My drinking and drugging gave me many mornings that were pure hell. The hangovers, the regrets, the shame, the depression and downright disgust with myself were almost unbearable. So I appreciate my mornings so much more now. Waking up with some semblance of peace and a clean conscience are things I really enjoy every day.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
zjw

I like running and eating a healthy meal. Spending time with my kids gardening etc..

I learned early on if i was going to make it sober I need to find things that made me feel good and get a full over flowing cup of that as often as possible to keep my spirits up. It goes a long way. It felt irresponsable induldging sometimes. For example I've been known to get up and go for a walk on company time. How aweful! But my sanity is more valuable to me. I need to get my mind happy or I wont be worth much to anyone else let alone myself.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Aww, what a great post. When everything falls into place easily, scented candles, books, decorating magazines, my dog waking me up with her squeak toys every morning, when my kids laugh at my jokes and my son actually downloads the same song to his Ipod that I suggested he might like (Breezeblocks), long walks with my hubby, surprise money in the mailbox, Sweet Holy Spirit (another great song), yoga, Coty powder, flowing water, Iomoi pens and pencils, laughing out loud, Panera Bread Company, watching my daughter's guinea pigs devour lettuce like it is candy, checking in with SR and finding a new great quote for my sobriety journal, great shoes, chocolate covered oreos, goldfish earrings, sunny days, bright pink flowers, the list goes on and on
Old 04-04-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

oh, and Fridays. I LOVE Fridays. My favorite day of the week!!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
zjw

doubledragons if you like chocolate covered oreos. Try oreos with Peanut butter spread on top ;-).