Notices

Personality test fun

Old 01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I got INTJ. I took the real, have-to-pay-for-it test in college and got that (possibly feeling instead of thinking) but was extroverted instead of introverted. I was drinking heavily in college... I wonder if that had anything to do with the change or if it was just the abbreviated test... Or, just time?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I had fun trying to get my ex-boyfriend's but I couldnt even answer half the questions. I cant believe how much I really didnt know about him
Old 01-23-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

And I'm INFP...I just looked over the thread. Its interesting how INFPs and INFJs make up so much of the thread when both types make up a small percentage of the population.....The F definitely makes sense, when it comes to addiction lol
Old 01-23-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Soberhawk - yes, while they say on average in the human population N:S~1:3

Here is a wild thought: "intuitives" tend to be people looking for meaning and interpretation in everything (as opposed to just viewing things as they are). Maybe many of us tend to turn to drugs and alcohol when we stop perceiving "normal life" meaningful, to escape from it into a drug-induced alternate reality
Old 01-23-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post

Here is a wild thought: "intuitives" tend to be people looking for meaning and interpretation in everything (as opposed to just viewing things as they are). Maybe many of us tend to turn to drugs and alcohol when we stop perceiving "normal life" meaningful, to escape from it into a drug-induced alternate reality
Yes! I like to also note that Albert Einstein was a INTP as am I
Old 01-23-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Curious about the responses, I did a little counting. I have taken the two threads (the other being in the secular section that I referred to in my earlier post) and combined the results. Here are the results with 49 people responding.

Please note that I have excluded any 'ambiguous' result, such as someone saying they were equally a P and a J. Nothing personal, it just makes the numbers more difficult to work with.

Introverts = 37
Extroverts = 12

Intuitive = 46
Sensing = 3

Thinking = 12
Feeling = 37

Judging = 27
Perceiving = 22

I just wanted to report what I found. Conclusions should be highly tentative. For example, note that the numbers are comprised only of people who choose to take the test, and to report the result. In addition, they are people who have somehow found SR on the internet, chose to become members here, and (presumably, at the time of reporting their result) are sober individuals.

Nevertheless, there are some interesting divergences from the pattern in the general population. Exactly why those divergences exist is debatable. I'm just reporting. The numbers suggest some interesting questions for research.

The moderators are helping to try and resolve a problem that's making it difficult to conduct a 'poll' with the current SR software. Many thanks to them.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

For those interested in the numbers for the different types

ISTJ 0
ISTP 1
ESTP 0
ESTJ 0

ISFJ 0
ISFP 1
ESFP 0
ESFJ 1

INFJ 11
INFP 15
ENFP 4
ENFJ 5

INTJ 8
INTP 1
ENTP 0
ENTJ 2
Old 01-23-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post

LOL - we want to understand the patterns.

I am not sure what to make of it, but it is interesting.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this. I found the description of my personality highly accurate.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

ISFJ

Thanks for the fun insight!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Great test, enfp was spot on, me. Very cool, thanks.