Notices

Personality test fun

Old 01-22-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Talking Personality test fun

My daughter came home from school and they had taken a personality test. She is an INFJ. I found an online one and according to this I am an INFP. Don't know how accurate it is but for some fun it's OK. Anyone else want to try?
INFJ personality | 16 Personality Types
Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey silentrun, I have done this test several time though the years, MB test.
I am ENFJ
and the#6 Loyalist.
You are right it is fun.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

You are the extrovert version of her then.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am an ENFP
ENFP personality | 16 Personality Types
Old 01-22-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

INFJ You're right it was fun

The INFJ type is believed to be very rare (less than 1 percent of the population) and it has an unusual set of traits. Even though their presence can be described as very quiet, INFJ personalities usually have many strong opinions, especially when it comes to issues they consider really important in life. If an INFJ is fighting for something, this is because they believe in the idea itself, not because of some selfish reasons.

INFJ personalities are drawn towards helping those in need – they may rush to the place of a major disaster, participate in rescue efforts, do charity work etc. INFJs see this as their duty and their purpose in life – people with this personality type firmly believe that nothing else would help the world as much as getting rid of all the tyrants. Karma and similar concepts are very attractive to INFJs.

These tendencies are also strengthened by the fact that INFJ personalities have a unique combination of idealism and decisiveness – this means that their creativity and imagination can be directed towards a specific goal. Few other personality types have this trait and this is one of the most important reasons why many INFJs are able to eventually realize their dreams and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs are masters of written communication, with a distinctively smooth and warm language. In addition, the sensitivity of INFJs allows them to connect to others quite easily. Their easy and pleasant communication can often mislead bystanders, who might think that the INFJ is actually an extrovert.

INFJs should be careful to avoid “overheating” as their zeal and determination can sometimes get out of hand. As introverts, INFJs need to have some “alone time” every once in a while or otherwise their internal energy reserves will get depleted really quickly. If this happens, the INFJ may surprise everybody around them by withdrawing from all their activities for a while – and since other people usually see INFJs as extroverts, this can leave them both surprised and concerned.

INFJs take great care of other people’s feelings and expect others to return the favor. Unsurprisingly, people with this personality type are very sensitive and vulnerable to conflicts – even the most rational INFJs may find it quite difficult to not take criticism personally. This is the INFJ’s Achilles’ heel – if someone with an INFJ personality cannot escape the conflict, they will do their best to deal with it head on, but this will result in a lot of stress and may also potentially lead to health problems or highly irrational behavior.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

silentrun, pretty much,
You are both I.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very interesting! Pegged me pretty closely! :-)
Old 01-22-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That was fun. iSFP here
Old 01-22-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Of course you are Silent !!

Me too. INFP.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm INTP/J - preference in the last dimension (P/J) is not strong , the "I" more solid, and pretty massive prefs on "NT".

Someone who's interested could do a poll to see the distribution on here, of course just for fun.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Intp
Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Am I the only extrovert in this join?
Old 01-22-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ENFJ and pretty true to my personality.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Me too, but keep it on the down-low, us being all shy and stuff.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I got INTJ

100% on the I.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I'm also an INFJ. Note the distribution in the general population.

This is what I said about INFJ on another SR thread 10 months ago. Overrepresentation of INFJs seems to be holding true now, and in this thread as well.... interesting.

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
It’s fascinating to see all the INFJs who have responded to this thread. Given the fact that this personality type is only 1 to 3% of the population, it's a remarkable ‘coincidence’.

5 INFJs (I am also one) turned up in a sample of 15 people who posted to this thread so far (I’m not including thepatman, as he did not identify nor paperdolls as she tested differently on different occasions). That’s 33%! Perhaps INFJs are over represented among alcoholics, or among SR members or this might even be a case of what Carl Jung called synchronicity.

Carl Jung’s work was the basis for the Myers Briggs personality test.
Anyone want to guess what Carl Jung’s personality type was………….. you guessed it, INFJ
Old 01-22-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Frank

The Keirsey temperament test is used by many HR groups in companies to help to see how you might fit into an organization. It helps to sort out who are 'people persons' who would be good at say, customer support vs those who may be introverted. And those who would be good managers because they are 'cheerleaders' and motivate people.

I've used it for years with potential new hires.

This is a much more detailed list of the temperaments.

"www keirsey com /4temps /overview_temperaments.asp Keirsey Temperament Website - Overview of the Four Temperaments"

Keirsey Temperament Website - Overview of the Four Temperaments

Frank
Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This does not work on my iPad
Old 01-22-2014, 07:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Silent run, that was the easiest one of those I have ever tried. (I never finish)..and just found out I am INFP. I looked quickly at who fell into this camp, and thought it so interesting that Jackie Kennedy was there, I am half French and used her to describe my in-law situation often.
I married into a huge Irish Catholic family (mostly all tall athletic boys now men), and family vacations for me are painful. I usually hide up in the hotel room doing the NYT crossword,while this huge group runs from tennis to boating to football in the hot sun. And then I would appear at cocktail hour, which USED to be my favorite time of day. My nieces always say "Aunt Jaynie, she's nocturnal."
Old 01-22-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Silentrun asked me to post a link to the thread that I referred to. Here it is
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

A pole was suggested. I'll see what I can do.