Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What's your most embarrasing/tragic story while drunk? (that you can remember!)

Notices

What's your most embarrasing/tragic story while drunk? (that you can remember!)

Old 01-16-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face What's your most embarrasing/tragic story while drunk? (that you can remember!)

Here are some of my most embarrassing or tragic stories from my life as an alcoholic, that I can remember at least.

My life as a loser drunk.

-I got caught on a long haul flight in the steward’s galley, with my hand in the alcohol drawer. I told them I was new to flying and didn’t know you couldn’t help yourself. Later in the flight I got caught again.

-The only time in my life I ever won an award. I decided to “celebrate” on the way home. The award was made of crystal. I dropped it, and it smashed to pieces. Someone who was at the event saw me.

-After a lot of work and finally getting my dream job, after the first assignment they sent me on, I decided to “socialize” with the clients. My boss called me a couple of days later with horror stories about my behaviour while socializing with them. I denied it all of course, saying that the people saying these things must have something against me. “Sure I had a couple of beers, but I wouldn’t say I was Intoxicated…” I was fired the next day.

-I was invited by a co-worker to spend Christmas with him and his family. I drank heavily, and decided I needed to go out to buy some cigarettes. After about five minutes walking (staggering) I couldn’t remember how to get back to his house, or what it even looked like. Because it was snowing and cold, I decided to break into an apartment, and sleep on their couch. I woke up with Police pointing guns at me.

-Wetting the bed when staying at other people’s house. That one is hard to cover up!

I found a little note on my computer screen from my young daughter saying “Please Dad, don’t get drunk” Thank God I still have my family. And thank God I found this website.

God Bless.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's sweet your daughter left that note for you. I hope you're doing well in your recovery. I have enough embarrassment in my past due to using to cover several threads. I don't want to rehash it because it's over with and all I can do is move on.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh wait. I just found a similar thread from a couple of days ago:
forums/alcoholism/319452-strange-stuff-you-do-when-your-drunk-ill-start.html

Guess I just wanted to hear other people's stories so I don't feel so alone. It is comforting to know that it is not just me that has strange things happen to them from alcohol, and solidifies my resolve to stop.

4 days sober so far.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

My little girl asked me to stop drinking so I did. My other daughter wrote me a letter saying, 'I'm sorry if I'm a bit clingey' I think I said she was clingey when I was drunk
Old 01-16-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I got so drunk in a nightclub and I wet myself walking home. I then took off my tights and pants (it was dark and I was wearing a long-ish dress). When I got home and my flatmate saw my tights in my hand she got a real shock coz she thought I had been raped (thankfully I wasn't but I could have). She was so upset and I still cringe at that memory years later...

There are loads more...
Old 01-16-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoolTurnedWise View Post
Oh wait. I just found a similar thread from a couple of days ago:
forums/alcoholism/319452-strange-stuff-you-do-when-your-drunk-ill-start.html

Guess I just wanted to hear other people's stories so I don't feel so alone. It is comforting to know that it is not just me that has strange things happen to them from alcohol, and solidifies my resolve to stop.

4 days sober so far.
Congratulations on 4 days btw
Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

just the tip of the iceberg here...

I flashed my coworker at a bar to show him how "amazing" my breasts were

I couldn't remember where I lived or my phone number to tell the cab driver to go

I would endlessly meet the same people but never remember them

I licked my coworkers face once when we were hanging out, told him I wanted to do various sordid things to him, and then proceeded to lick his eyeball.

the worst would be crashing my car and not remembering it and waking up in a neighbors house. Police charges have been files against him. (that one isn't funny...well..none of them are actually).

I go to rehab for 90 days on Monday.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

the only time I passed out cold from drinking was in the worst club in the worst neighborhood in the worst city in my state and maybe even the country..i remember being peeled off the floor by some enormous guy..keep in mind i was 6'5 240 at the time.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nicole100 View Post
I couldn't remember where I lived or my phone number to tell the cab driver to go
Yep, done that.

Good luck in rehab Nicole100. I'm only on day 4, but this forum is helping a lot.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh boy, there have been so many...

- Went to a bar, picked up a guy, drove to his shared house, had sex, took him back to the bar.

- Passed out in a cemetery.

- Blacked out in a bar, started walking home, woke up in the doorway of a bank (this was in a very small town - surprised the cops didn't see me)!

...any many, many other sad situations. Glad I don't ever have to do any of that again!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh I remember another one....

I have a pet and she lives indoors in a type of tall, narrow hutch with a little door that opens at the side and you can lift the roof off for cleaning...

Anyway I was having a few (big) drinks while cleaning and I don't know how this happened but I fell backwards into the (dirty) hutch with my legs dangling up over the side. And I couldn't get out. And I was there for ages and couldn't get out and I was thinking **** what will I do? I was on the verge of trying to reach the phone and making a drunken phone call to a friend I was so upset. But I managed to kind of lift and push myself up and out with my arms...I must have been some sight

Thankfully I am sober now and able to give my baby the love and care she deserves...alcohol and pets don't mix.

And then there are the usual stories of "new" and "unexplained" bruises and not remembering how I got them...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Entering a bikini contest put on by a local radio show at a bar. At the beginning of the night the DJ approached me to enter it. My answer, absolutely no way in hell. 5 or six drinks later, I was all about it. I did well and got some prizes but I was so embarrassed the next day.
Anothre gem of mine was passing out while crossing Woodward avenue. If you are not familiar with Woodward, lets just say it is pretty damn trafficy.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Crashed my car backing it out of my driveway. Ripped the gas line off. Then months later my friend crashed it, totaled it, and almost killed us.

Can't say I miss that.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder to folks that this thread may be some persons first intro to SR.
Lets try and keep it clean, safe and welcoming and PG.

9. If it shouldn't be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered “work safe” (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldn’t be posted.
D
Old 01-17-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Took for granted a relationship with a girl I loved due to my alcoholism. I've done stupid things while drunk, but that's the one that haunts me.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

One day I was driving drunk and almost hit another car head on. The man in the other car was nice enough not to call the police and actually followed me home to make sure I was OK. Turned out the man was the husband of one of my co-workers. Talk about being embarassed.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tes

This is a touchy one for me, ive done quite alot of things that I regret and would like to forget. I think we all have.

Here is a few that I can remember,
-Falling off of a barstool and breaking my ankle in front of tons of people, and co-workers..
-Getting completely intoxicated the night before a relatives funeral, making the whole family think that I was drunk at the funeral. This is one that I really regret. Not only did I bring smame to myself but I embarrassed my whole family. This was at the hight of my drinking career.
-Calling or texting various people who dont like me at odd hours acting like I have totally lost my mind
-Urinating in the bed at inlaws place
-Crying a few times front of tough crouds for dumb ass reasons, and I am a grown man
-Getting on facebook and whining like a baby.. I ended up just deleted the acct
-Losing my job of 5 yrs that I was held in high regard and having to move back in with parents while in my 30s
-Losing many good true friends
-Stealing money, going into stores with bags of pennies to get more booze.

A few, but I could go on.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Too many to count...
-One of the first times I drank at a party in high school I had alcohol poisoning so bad I was convulsing. No one took me to the hospital. They drew on me and made fun if me for it instead. I had to go to church with my mom drunk the next morning. Got in more trouble. I'm lucky I didn't die that night.
-I've thrown drinks in ppls faces
-Drove wasted with a flat until I couldn't go anymore, sat on the hood of my car crying until cops showed up
-Woke up in a random car in a parking lot of a restaurant
-Smashed into mailboxes with my car and kept going
-Peed on other ppls beds and couches numerous times.
-Was trying to drive to a friends house, got lost, followed some lady to her house, used her phone and left. Somehow made it to friends house-parked in the middle of the yard. Almost hit the house.
-Drove wasted in a blizzard with a flat tire
-Kicked and hit my boyfriend bc he wouldn't let me sit in the front seat
-Showed up to an early morning work meeting still drunk from the night before with crazy hair & one shoe on. I was young and worked at a restaurant. Still don't know how I wasn't fired.
-Plenty more humiliating instances of ignorance I can't even remember

It is a miracle I never got a DUI. All of these were years ago before I figured out I can't drink liquor. Stuck to beer after that but being obviously hungover is still embarrassing. Drinking twice as many beers as everyone else is embarrassing. Not getting involved in any activities or ever trying to make new friends bc I didn't want anyone to know I drink too much. Ugh. I've had enough already.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Okay, here goes

- I've kissed and slept with random people

- Attacked my Aunt and called my Grandma a ***** as they tried to take me home. I proceeded to puke everywhere.

- I've hit ex girlfriends

- Self harmed and almost committed suicide

- Cut my hair

- Stripped/flashed people/let my body be property

- Walked down back alleyways and such at 3am (I'm very lucky nothing bad ever happened to me) Though one time I almost got raped by this man in the hotel room next to us

- Hit and punched cars

- Been very mean and horrible to people

- Been to school drunk, puked everywhere and was sent to hospital. Woke up with the police hovering over me. I went to work intoxicated numerous times where I manually handle (I also used to abuse pills)

I can't quite remember too much else at this moment in time but that is some. Some are from years ago, some recent, but all make me feel incredibly ashamed. It's nice to see though that I'm not alone.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Tragic: Married another alcoholic so I would have a drinking buddy at home, as well as a lover.

She still drinks, while I continue to struggle to stop. We have HUGE fights because she thinks my begging/pleading/bargaining/ordering/forbidding her to drink is me being too "controlling".

Still lover her (when she is sober at least -but even then the alcohol has made her personality more ugly -very short tempered, and emotionally abusive).

We have kids. Considered leaving. But because of the kids, I continue to endure.

Probably wrong thread for this. Sorry.