Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What's your most embarrasing/tragic story while drunk? (that you can remember!)

Notices

What's your most embarrasing/tragic story while drunk? (that you can remember!)

Old 01-22-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I was at work and about to throw away my bag from lunch and a small vodka bottle fell out and rolled away. At least 20 people at the tables heard and saw it. The laughter was uproarious and I endured jokes about me being a drunk for the next year I worked there. I'm lucky I wasn't fired
Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I would keep vodka in a water bottle like most. At night, I would go to bed with water by my side and use that water in the morning to make coffee. Well, I got drunk with the vodka bottle by my bedside and used it for the coffee unknowingly. One of the most disgusting concoctions you can imagine. I drank it anyway and carried on to work where I kept vodka in a contact lense cleaner bottle in the bathroom.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I have many tragic and embarrassing stories. The most tragic and embarrassing being that no matter whether there was an incident when I drank or not that I refused to see and denied what alcohol was doing to me and to those around me. That is the most tragic and embarrassing story of all.

So thankful that almost 8 months ago, that story ended.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=lovingit;4424038]Well, I got drunk with the vodka bottle by my bedside and used it for the coffee unknowingly. One of the most disgusting concoctions you can imagine.QUOTE]

That just made me cringe. I've drank some pretty foul stuff myself.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Painful stuff to read. I have called and texted while drunk a lot. Not a good idea! And there's more stupid stuff I don't even want to think about and which I can probably never talk about even anonymously. Thankfully, nothing tragic.
I know that if stay sober I never, ever need to feel that shame again and I can feel proud of myself instead. I also know it can get much worse. Thank God I found this site in time to catch myself before it got much worse. I was already in freefall...

June
Old 01-22-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

In some ways, I want to go back to the situations in which I was in where I was always the most wasted of all and the most idiotic and big-mouthed. I know a few people look down on me because i've made an ass out of myself so many times. It's like I want to prove myself.

I feel really bad for everyone here, but some of these are making me laugh (with you and not at you). I have poured wine and vodka into coffee so that I could drink in the car. the kids and the husband were always testing me and I know my coffee was the only thing that was safe and no one would ask for a sip.

a couple more: for a while I was able to drink vodka in the morning as if it was water and no one caught on. One time, one of my kids grabbed the cup and I practically screamed and yanked it away. That's when I stopped drinking it out of water bottles. It sucked. He of course figured it out and stormed out extremely angry. When one of my kids was little, she grabbed my rum and coke and took a sip and got buzzed. horrible memory.

On road trips, I used to be the one who would volunteer to go in to get stuff. I'd watch the car like a hawk to make sure no one else got out and I'd quickly buy whatever they sold and then go chug it in the bathroom or if I was lucky enough, in my old mind, to get some vodka, I would slide it into my pocket and take a sip whenever I could. I was not the driver at that time.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Then there's always times where I would get drunk as a scum at work functions. I was able to fake my way things and not seem too drunk but then the next day someone would casually mention something we'd talked about or make follow up plans to dates we'd set and I'd be super clueless about it.