Notices

Am I the only one?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I the only one?

Hey folks, this is my first post so take it ez. I'm not sure where to start. I'm 30, live with my mom, and a raging alcoholic. I'm educated and have a car but recently lost my job because of my last binge. I'm sick almost everyday but continue to drink. I know I need help but it's scary. I've been drinking since I was 17, got 2 dui's and a drug problem as well. I go on binges until my body completely shuts down or I get arrested. My drug of choice is Vodka and Cocaine. I got beat up last night but don't really remeber if that makes sense, friends are almost gone. My girl left me around my birthday last year bcuz of my drunkness, I would and did rather got to a bar than hang out with her. Long story, I'm drinking right now, just trying to choke down this pint. Now I'm rambling, it was nice to rant, can't stop shaking.

J
Old 10-02-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well it sounds like you'll need to detox and then maybe rehab. Is it vodka and coke everyday?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

vodka yes, coc no bcuz I will go to jail if I test dirty. Just started a court mandated program in liu of jail..
Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I was in the same boat as you. Vodka was my drug of choice and drank heavily everyday. I went to detox for a week and have been pretty good since. I'm on day 24 and it's like night and day from where I was. I was scared to quit too, but it was for the better. It took me months to have the courage to go to detox and make the change and those were months just wasted. Have you been to a detox before?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, hungoverevryday!

You are not the only one. Many of us here lost almost everything due to our addictions.

At 31, I lost a job, my fiance, got arrested, and was forced to move back in with my parents because of my alcoholism.

The good news is that as hopeless as things seem right now, they can and will get better if you put down the drink and choose recovery.

I tried and tried on my own and never thought I could quit drinking. Then I found this forum, got support in A.A., and am now nearly a year sober. Life is infinitely better than it was when I was boozing. You can do it too.

Your first step will be to detox. This can be especially dangerous for alcoholics, even fatal. Please consider visiting your doctor, being honest about your drinking, and following his/her advice.

Stick around, read as much as you can, and post often. We are here to help.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes i have, and the psych ward a couple times recently, nothing seems to click, i think i might be really screwed up
Old 10-02-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hungoverevryday View Post
yes i have, and the psych ward a couple times recently, nothing seems to click, i think i might be really screwed up
The vodka and coke have taken a toll on your mind, but it's fixable, but it will take time. You just have to be strong and understand you can't use booze to help your problems...because your only making them worse. It will be ugly at first, but it's better then drinking for the rest of your life.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I thought booze was helping my problems, but it was just making everything worse.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How much Vodka are you drinking everyday?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks boston, but i know things don't work unless you want them too right? i kinda want them too, not sure how many lives i have left
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
How much Vodka are you drinking everyday?
it depends where i am, but usually 3/4 to a whole 750
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

it depends where i am, but usually 3/4 to a whole 750
Yeah that was the range I was in. How bad are the withdrawals?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thanks boston, but i know things don't work unless you want them too right? i kinda want them too, not sure how many lives i have left
You gotta want it, you still have time to make the change. If your heart isn't into sobriety you wont get and stay sober.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bostonsportsfan View Post
Yeah that was the range I was in. How bad are the withdrawals?
they are pretty bad, the one thing ive been noticing more and more is that my vision is getting pretty blurry, i have 2-3 day hangovers now, my sides hurt alot, just the norm
Old 10-02-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

they are pretty bad, the one thing ive been noticing more and more is that my vision is getting pretty blurry, i have 2-3 day hangovers now, my sides hurt alot, just the norm
Sounds like you should give detox another try. Have you ever successfully completed a detox program but couldn't stay sober?
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

yes i have, was sober for 30 days, then fell hard. then was sober for 45 days and fell hard again, thats about it, the first was with a "program", the second was on my own
Old 10-02-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

yes i have, was sober for 30 days, then fell hard. then was sober for 45 days and fell hard again, thats about it, the first was with a "program", the second was on my own
Well you can do it then, you just really have to want a sober life. I'm only 24 days sober myself and it's already a lot better.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

yes i agree, i need to want it
Old 10-03-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I didn't really want it until detox, well deep down I wanted it but I loved alcohol and was scared. I'd go back to detox if I was you.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

im sure most people in my situation would, but...i don't know