Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I just realized I can get HIGH when and wherever I want !

Notices

I just realized I can get HIGH when and wherever I want !

Old 07-14-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Thank you Boleo : ) Um can that plain english be reduced to like a paragraph? Or a snappy little rhyme? Just joshin....kinda.
There are at least as many definitions of meditation as there are different types of meditation. If I had to describe my type of meditation in one sentence, it would be:

100% attention - 0% expectation
Old 07-14-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
There are at least as many definitions of meditation as there are different types of meditation. If I had to describe my type of meditation in one sentence, it would be:

100% attention - 0% expectation
Oh I like that! I did go to a guided meditation once and I do have a CD...and I did listen to one I enjoyed through another link here. I remember the guider talked about seeing the little lights when you closed your eyes and sort of put your focus inside the top of your head. I really liked that. It felt like a good place..... I thought I would just try to do that every day...focus on the little lights inside my eyelids. Oh good Lord...does that read as bonkers as I think it does?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by legna
I have found, that for me, controlling my fear works to control pain better than trying to control the pain directly
yes...I agree.

Originally Posted by legna
Please tell me you wrote this for someone else and didn't think that I wouldn't get this.
I absolutely did not include that disclaimer for you. I knew you would get it.

Originally Posted by boleo
Everclear was the best novocaine for the brain, it would silence me in mid-sentence, but it was not available in my state.
They sell it in my state. I've had some rather unfortunate experiences with Everclear.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I envy you so much right now. I used to have that same connection myself and haven't been able to get back to deep meditation in a long time. When I do reach that state of Nirvana, which is usually before bed, I sleep like a baby and feel so chill the next day. You've inspired me to start again. Thank you!