Notices

I did it... I told my fiance tonight.........

Old 06-19-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did it... I told my fiance tonight.........

You all gave me the courage to tell my fiance tonight... It was the hardest thing Ive ever done in my life.. He cried... He told me he knew but was in denial about it b/c he didnt want to believe I had a problem. He is going to help me stop drinking.. He said he will never buy or drink alcohol again if it is what it takes to get me better.. He barely drinks anyway.. Oh Lord.. I feel like the lowest life form on the planet right now...He wants me to go to go to AA as well.. I told him I will.. Im not alone in this anymore.. and that is a big thanks to the support I got from this forum.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

What a huge step forward! Congratulations!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That took a lot of courage. Good for you!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That must have been tough. I believe that getting honest with our loved ones is a crucial aspect of a good recovery. You are moving in the right direction!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Sassmaster, when I first met my problem head- on, I found that the two people who were the hardest to tell were my husband and my best friend. Thumbs up to you for finding the words and the courage it takes along with it!

We're rooting for you. Give those meetings a chance and welcome to your new life.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on taking that step

D
Old 06-19-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-19-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow ! Thats awesome ! The journey of a thousand miles begins with that first step ! Welcome to the Journey !
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

You are not the lowest person on earth, far from it. You must be proud of yourself for making this call, for making this choice. Your bf is proud of you too, and you are lucky to have him with you and supporting you, this is not always the case.

You are making an amazing change, and you are being brave and strong. You are doing a good thing for you, and for those who love you. Congratulations to you! You are AWESOME!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What a terrific show of strength and courage! Your future is brighter for it.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone... Im feeling a bit stronger than I did yesterday and my fiance is showering me in praise and support. He wants to be there for me and help me in anyway possible. He took my alcohol last night =( I knew that would happen...
A little scared to see how im going to do when the time rolls around that i would typically have my first drink. He poured out a shot and left it for me in case I absolutely have to have it. I really hope Im strong enough not to take it... I know he will be so proud if its still there when he gets home from work.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SassMaster, absolutely having to have a drink is still drinking. Which leads to more drinking. Take that shot and flush it because if you take it, you haven't quit drinking yet. Dump it, and then you can give your BF a nice alcohol free smooch when he gets home. That will be a lovely thing for him to get, I can guarantee.

Don't ponder if you are strong enough not to drink it, because if you ponder, you are lost. No pondering permitted. Make your life a ponder free zone.

Make the declaration to yourself and your BF, no pondering, no wondering, no waffling, no uncertainty, and most importantly, NO MORE ALCOHOL.

You can do it, you can get started with the rest of your life right now. Onward!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sass pour that shot away now!!!!! Temptation does not help xx
Old 06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I poured it out =(
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

. Well done you !!!! It's the start xx
Old 06-19-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great to hear! You're on your way, and it's wonderful you have a fiance who really cares and will support you. Here's the site to find a meeting in your area. Go tonight if you want to keep the ball rolling:
Meetings

God bless...
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

SassMaster, you are amazing! This is a big deal, and an impressive achievement. I mean, think back, if you had told someone that you would be here, now, and pouring booze down the drain, would they have believed you?

You made a sad face in your post, but I hope you have this silent grin going on. You should be PROUD! You are being brave and strong, and a bit of a badass it seems to me. I remember being terrified and pleased and excited, all at once. Onward!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You SO got this girl! hugs.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
SassMaster, you are amazing! This is a big deal, and an impressive achievement. I mean, think back, if you had told someone that you would be here, now, and pouring booze down the drain, would they have believed you?

You made a sad face in your post, but I hope you have this silent grin going on. You should be PROUD! You are being brave and strong, and a bit of a badass it seems to me. I remember being terrified and pleased and excited, all at once. Onward!
Thank you your encouragement really helps.. and no one would have believed I would pour alcohol down the drain.. I wouldn't have believed it either. I wouldn't even throw out an old watered down drink before.. I feel good but conflicted right now.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations Elizabeth and welcome to recovery!
We are all proud of you You are not a low life form you are a brave young woman and even if the next few weeks are rough, you will not regret your decision to embark on that journey.
WE can do it

Ps: and Bird, way to go girl, being there and encouraging someone even newer than you is the way to do it