Notices

I did it... I told my fiance tonight.........

Old 06-19-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Elizabeth, I truly know what you have been through in the last few hours. Be very proud of yourself for what you have done. Be kind to yourself, you will go through a few difficult days physically and for a while emotionally you will be pretty up and down. It may be helpful to your fiancé, to steer him towards the family and friends threads here, as he may well go through some feelings he doesn't understand too.

Do not put yourself down, so far, everything you have done has taken courage and strength. X
Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats in a BIG way.

That fiance sounds like a keeper! He might want to try a few meetings of Al Anon.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sass that is wonderful news. I felt so much better when I had it out in the open. The relief was amazing.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations. It's really awesome to have the support of a significant other also. I know my wife would not drink for the rest of her life in a heartbeat, if she felt her drinking would endanger me in any way. It wouldn't, especially since she averages about 3 drinks a year, but it makes me grateful. Not everyone has that kind of support. Sending my best wishes your way.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I look back to the day I decided enough was enough and I was giving up boozin as a great day...its a day I'm really proud of. I immediately poured out a half a bottle of wine that was in my fridge (as that's my poison of choice) but left a couple beer in there ...in case someone came over. I didn't think it would be an issue for me. After a couple days I ended up pouring out those beers to due to a deal with another SR member who had beer in his fridge. I didn't think it would be a big deal as I thought I was doing it more for support.

WOW..did I feel weird pouring out those beers. It was like the addict inside me started to scream "WTF are you doing". It was surreal. Given what was going on inside me when I was pouring them out? Pretty glad I did.

Congrats to you. You have been brave and courageous.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congratulations, you should feel so proud. You're lucky that he seems to understand as well as not many people do. Must be a huge weight off your shoulders. Well done
Old 06-20-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

congrats, SassMaster! it's one of the hardest bridges to cross. your man's a keeper!