Notices

30 Days Sober And Payday......

Old 06-23-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Losingmymisery, my intentions are to never pay back anything because once you start then they really come after you. I know they can garnish my wages but, hopefully, I will get back into waiting tables or bar tending so they cannot garnish my tips. One bill collector even threatened me with physical violence! Thank you for responding and reminding me why I post here at SR.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

They will harass forever. Yeah, they get ugly. I made a payment to try to buy more time to file my case in bankruptcy court. They then started garnishing my wages for over twice the amount I paid. I filed and they had to pay everything back within two pay periods. It was a victorious feeling. If you ever need any help or have questions, I'd be happy to guide you through it. No one should have to live looking over their shoulder waiting for the wolves to pounce. Just when you think you are free, they start to circle again. I say, make the effort and free yourself. It is one less thing to worry about. It takes a little time and effort, but well worth it. Good luck with everything...
Old 06-24-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Justfor1, 30 days sober on payday? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Payday was the biggest trigger there was for my for a lot of years. In the beginning of my sobriety I didn't have any money, but when I started working again I would get my aa sponsor to take me to to the lumber store and I would buy nail guns, battery powered drill, whatever. Even this laptop I'm typing on was bought under those conditions. That payday trigger went away, this is the first time I've thought of that. I think it's proof that we can change. Thanks for the thread Justfor1.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I would remain sober with whatever you decide to do with the funds. The greatest investment is good health, Material things are just that... They get old and become less exciting as time passes on. The advice to get some kind of emergency fund together is a sound idea, It could even be called a vacation savings if your interested in experiencing a different culture and land. Great question by the way and good luck