Notices

How often are you around alcohol?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Almost never. My hubby doesn't drink. I can go places where there is drinking and it does not bother me. I couldn't keep whiskey in the house though.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Open bottles? Rarely.

Closed? All the time.

BF rarely drinks, but stocks lots of everything for guests. He moved an entire closet of hard stuff from the kitchen into storage, and beers into the den. If I notice his dedicated refrigerator for whites & sparklings, that's an indication that something's going on with me emotionally and/or with my program. My cat pressed against a credenza once and it started sliding open, revealing more bottles. When I asked, he said it was a "gentlemen's bar." Sounds like an awful lot of booze for someone who doesn't drink, but he stocks sets of guest towels the same way. We (the cat and I) are at his place a two nights a week, plus occasional few-hours visits, and I'm thinking about reducing this.

I'd rather not be around alcohol at all, since I had long years of normal drinking before things snapped and I hit the bottle. I drank alcoholically for only a few years, so it would be easy for me to forget that things are different now. Used to savor half a glass of good red wine while cooking. These days, although I have no desire to drink, if I picked up I know I'd rather drink than anything else in the world.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm around alcohol sometimes, only because I live with my in-laws for the time being and they are full blown alcoholics. Although they do not flaunt it. They do keep it mostly hidden from me. Also my wife will buy a 6 pack for herself rarely, but she is very sensitive to my disease, and does not make me feel uncomfortable at all. Plus once I start "feeling" uncomfortable I can go upstairs and completely remove myself.

Never go to bars anymore as well.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
High on Life

I'm not around it all that often. I guess when I go out with friends or to their houses or something like that, which is rare since I'm always doing grad school work. Although there is alcohol in the cabinet and we have wine cellar, it doesn't bother me, we just keep it for company in case they want to have a drink.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Currently around it constantly.

I'm living in small room in a flat. The guy I'm sub letting it from has a drink problem. I've not seen him ever without a drink in his hand or a glassy look in his eye. The other tenant is in the army and is out drinking most of the time.

There are bottles around the kitchen constantly.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
I'm around alcohol at least 2 or 3 times each week. And it's often free. This is due to my occupation. However, I am only around it for an hour or so each time. I get my business done and get away from the booze. I don't keep alcohol at home, and right now I don't attend social functions with alcohol.
At least three times a week. My occupation as well. Almost everybody is drinking around me.
It can be tough sometimes.... I'm going on day 9. I feel good.

I had many tests this past week. But I'm still going strong!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

BarbieKen, nice to know you. Yes, I'm Dave, and I'm a recovering alcoholic with 211 days today. Good for you, my friend. Keep it up.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

DaveH, Nice to meet you. I believe we share the same sober birthday, 11-12-12?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I have never use alcohol and i don't go around alcohol, people who use alcohol. I think nobody use alcohol because it’s poison and not good for health.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm around alcohol pretty often. I socialize a lot with friends and I'm usually out 4-5x a week. This is going to be the real test, as there's many events going on with friends that will have alcohol this summer. I want to be able to socially consume alcohol and not let it take over my life. Is this possible?