Notices

Advise

Old 04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Alkie

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to you too LonerMan

Actually thinking I was a real loser was one of the hallmarks of my addiction - I have a more measured perspective on myself today in recovery, Loner Man

I'm really glad you sorted out your anxiety - for many of us the story is a little different though.

My anxiety was crippling - and I certainly did not deserve it.

I think, no matter how much sober time we have, we can learn a lot if we open ourselves to others stories here. I certainly have....there's no 24 hour rule here and never will be

D
Thanks for the welcome.

Sure, there are some things that cause us angst that we have zero control over. Believe me, I know that for true. But, those things are part of what we call our life, so we carry on with the burdens. Every single human on earth has those burdens. We are not special.

What makes us special is the havoc our addictions create in our lives and the lives of anyone who gets near us. And then we turn around and say we're anxious because of the problems we have created for ourselves. We drink because we're anxious over the problems our drinking has caused. A little insane, that.

If you're talking about problems other than alcohol, I'm lost. I know about problems with alcohol and assorted addictions, but that's all.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you made that clear LM - thanks

D
Old 04-14-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's 8:32 pm haven't had any issues except this shooting crippling pain on my bottom left side of my abs. I think maybe kidney stones. I will go see a doc tomorrow on my break. But this site is amazing. After reading it all day, I have not even thought about having a drink. Seeing others struggles really helps but things in perspective. Thanks again for the warm welcomes