Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I feel absolutely terrified/humiliated for tomorrow.

Notices

I feel absolutely terrified/humiliated for tomorrow.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
abc

If you get sober and stay sober the gossip won't bother you anymore.

Apparently my normie friends STILL talk about an incident where one of them knocked on the door of my apartment and I was home alone and I answered the door half naked, hammered drunk with coke all over my nose and blood dripping out of one nostril. I find this incident pretty minor (so minor I don't even remember it) but they think it is so shocking. They don't even know the half of it. Normies will be normies. They are miserable too in their own way.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Originally Posted by TiredWolf View Post
(Plus, some of the sheltered "normies" will be a little scared of you, which can have it's benefits)

hahahaha,that was funny :rotfxko

OK, back to topic.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Your post really tugged at my heart strings, I really feel for you xxx I am a nurse and truly we never talk about our drunk and addicted patients like that, shame on them. Hold your head up and be brave, lots of great advice given to you already xxx
Old 03-05-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

***Update*******

Thankyou thankyou thankyou everyone for you're awesome support. Without it I would not have faced my fears.

But to be honest yesterday was the most humiliating day of my life. When I go own binges everything around me gets messed up. During one of my many binge blackout someone came in my room and saw how I wasn't able to take care of myself (clothes everywhere, bottles and cans everywhere, bags of throw up) and took a picture.

Well I guess I really pissed someone off last week because they put that picture online over the weekend, and I swear to god it felt like i become a celebrity overnight. From the moment I walked on campus everybody knew me "thats him", to me hearing people in the halls talking about me, people in my own class talking about me showing the picture around. Hell even the teacher knew and called me a clown under his breath as I left his over. I could girls saying man wtf is wrong with him, atrocious.. He's cute but now I would never go out with him. So basically I just wanted to kill myself while at school.

For whatever reason I got through it, called about 4 people, shared at 2 AA meetings and they for the most part uplifted me. They basically said **** my classmates, my teachers, and whoever else. Just graduate. They told me that if I dont go into class, drop out, or go into hiding I'm doing just what they want me too.

So, I woke up this morning, with my self worth and esteem still feeling shattered & I just dont know if I have the strength to keep fighting. Granted I brought this on to myself but none of my classmates have walked a day in my shoes so they can never have a judgement on me.

But right now I just feel like my spirit is broken, and will is lost to do keep fighting through any more pain/depression/loliness... im so close to my goals but now so far away
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I think that I read that 1/3 of all hospital ER admissions are due to alcohol/drugs. That is why they become so jaded. However, I would like to ask them that since they know that stat when taking the job, why are they surprised when a drunk shows up? I think most ER doctor graduated towards the bottom of their class & thats the job available for them?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Its very important to go to classes today for YOU! We will all be cheering you on from our own lives for having courage to face this day and get through it. It is really not as bad as your mind is telling you, its natural to feel the way you do and have the thoughts you do but your future is your ONLY concern right now. It wil fade as time goes by, and perhaps someone 'special' will finally notice you and something incredible may come of this! Please come back today and share your day with us? Thanks

your new friend,
Patrick
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I think that I read that 1/3 of all hospital ER admissions are due to alcohol/drugs. That is why they become so jaded. However, I would like to ask them that since they know that stat when taking the job, why are they surprised when a drunk shows up? I think most ER doctor graduated towards the bottom of their class & thats the job available for them?
Jaded maybe, but I assure you that an Emergency Medicine Residency is VERY competitive. Close to the TOP of their class in scores...however, no matter how we try, some people have terrible bedside manner and just bad manners. The doctor is there to treat you and help you, not judge your choices, however bad they may be.

As for the public display of gossip from an employee who treated you...I would report it to the hospital, your privacy is to be protected. If you have a name, send a letter to the head of nursing administration.

I'm sorry that you feel so badly, but you are sober NOW and can hopefully stay this way...we've all been embarrassed and felt like the butt of the joke, keep your eye on graduation and the REST of your life, this is just a bump in the road right now...you don't have to wait 25 years to get it like I did.

Post and vent here and with your true friends and group...we're not making fun of you, we are on your side.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

The first though that ran through my mind while reading this is HOW UNPROFESSIONAL the hospital staff was! How utterly heartless, horrible, and judgememntal they are! I'm SO SORRY that you had to deal with that!
You are young, with the world ahead of you. Stay on your path, turn the other cheek to people who SUCK and are MEAN, and show them how amazing you truly are!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. I made a jackass out of myself on numerous occasions. I got drunk at work and got fired from a job I had for 11 years.

When we are in active alcoholism we are insane. Normal people will not understand, and that is okay. Just stay sober and do the next right thing and it will get better. People will forget once they see you recovering.

I still cringe when I wonder what people thought and said about me, but it is beyond my control. I can control the future though.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Smile

Hey Thank you everyone so much for your support. My confidence is coming back and growing much stronger. I am going to keep to heart all the great advice that you all have given me, and most importantly I'm going to make sure to put all my faith in my Higher Power that I'm going to get through this.

The past is the past, but as far as my future, I can get through this and start a fresh a new chapter of my life.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I got fired from a job 4 years ago due to my drinking and tweaking. It was a very good job but I did some really crazy stuff, enough to get fired over. I went out for two more years after I got fired and then found treatment and have been sober since. By the grace of God, I was recently called and offered my old position back at the rate of pay I left at and have a complete do over. I was excited, but terrified...because of my PAST. I showed up for work, held my head high and gave all the gossipers something to talk about. A positive outlook! They may remember the past, but who I am now, is NOTHING to what I was. I have proven them wrong and things have went well. Don't give people a reason to gossip and you have nothing to worry about. Focus on your work/school and what is put in front of you.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

These people that were talking bad about you were completely unprofessional and dishonor the name of medical personnel. not to mention them being just plain A-Holes. they should have been more compassionate, even if they don't understand the ins and outs of alcoholism, which they Should. On the other hand, WE understand completely, and never ever let anyone's inane blabber get you down. you are FAR more than these isolated incidents...you deserve respect and understanding, and you will find it here. God bless ya : )