Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Lost my job today - not unexpected but still a drag

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have been sober for over 80 days.
This job started out on a weird note - I was recruited for the position and for the 6 months I was there, it went further downhill.
I accepted the job with a lot of trepidation. The company had and continues to suffer from a horrible reputation in the industry. Prior to my accepting the job, the business went through a giant management and staff rollover. I knew this but tried to keep a positive spin on things hoping I might contribute to this company's standing and help my future potentially. I have many great contacts with whom I would have liked to re-introduce to the "new and improved XXXXX Company". Sigh, it's not to be. While there is much potential, this backward company will probably churn through another series of poor managers and staff and still won't get it right.

The first thing after collecting my last check today was thinking about driving home and follow up with several places I have been in contact with while anticipating not having this job for much longer. This is not a surprise.
What is a surprise is that getting drunk did not make it on my 'to do' list today. A few months ago, this would have been tops.
Thank you SR for helping this to happen, and while I don't attend meetings, the great fellowship and 'atta-girls' have helped a lot.

I have also been pursuing a home business which will now get the time it deserves instead of trying to work around the 40 hour week of a really crappy job.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

You can make it through this sober!

Keep moving forward!