Notices

I dont know how you guys do it

Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Stay strong paul mate....Try AA it worked for me in the begining...It does get better mate....
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Paul - I am so sorry you are surrounded by this chaos. Getting off the booze is hard enough without being surronded by craziness.

Just a thought. Can you try AA and maybe make some connections about sober living? A lot of people need room mates. If you find one at AA you won't be surrounded by alcohol use. It would be beneficial for you to get out and be surrounded by people like you for the most part. I had a friend that was strung out on meth. He went to an NA meeting and did just what I suggested above. His sponsor pulled him into his apt he shared with 3 other recovering alcoholics. From there he got a job at a Goodwill shortly after just from these connections. It turned out to be a really good fit for him.

Good luck Paul. I wish you well
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's some really excellent advice here Paul.

My rule of thumb is...if the hole you're in is too steep to get out by yourself , it's time to get some outside help.

I hope you'll think about some of the options suggested here mate

D

D
Old 01-02-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

im stunned by the kindness around here, thanks so much everyone
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Paul. I'm not new to this site but I am new to sobriety (again) and as I was reading I spotted your post and thought I'd say hello.

Your circumstances sound quite a lot like mine. I too live at home with my folks and am unable to work because of an anxiety condition. (we're pretty much the same age as well!). Just wanted to say, that, although I have many issues with my parents, I'm not having to deal with anything like you are, and I think it's awesome that you are dealing with it!

And, as far as the anxiety goes, it's worth trying different doctors and treatments. Despite my recent lapses, I had a great few months anxiety wise earlier last year, when I finally saw a doctor who was actually able to help me!

Ps If you find out anything about sober living housing in the uk I'd love to know! It's something that I think would be massively beneficial to me but I'm not sure they do it in Scotland/ the UK.