Notices

Finally ready to commit.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally ready to commit.

Its a new year, I feel its time to officially change my life.

I've been on these forums before, and despite wanting to start a road to recovery, I was really half-assing it thinking I could learn to drink safe. So With last night/this morning past, I want that to be the last time I ever feel drunk.

I knew New Years was going to be a sloppy mess, but I took it to a whole new level. I had picked up a friend who I've had some romantic interest in, and then went to a bar. About 4 drinks into that (about an hour) Others we knew came down and met us. I lost track of what I had then due to friends ordering shots. After that was a blurry venture to a nearby friends party, where I continued to drink. Completely forget the New Year itself. I remember 11:50 and 12:02. Knocked over a bottle of wine onto a white rug to make sure the host hated me and remembers me as that person. Good for me. I remember trying to talk to my romantic interest and her face said it all, quite disgusted with who I was. Someone tried to convince me to stay at their home, but I convinced them to give me a ride home. And with that, I woke up this morning, hung over, regretful, and not remembering which one of my good friends gave me a ride. I think its time I change my life 100%. I know that the "I'll just have one drink" is ********. I learned that I cannot safely drink. I will be spending the first day of 2013 apologizing to everyone I know, and knowing what a huge ass I was. I need to start finding ways to make things right. Here's to (hopefully) a new me, a new year, and one not drenched with booze and regret.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

Yeah I used to think i could drink responsibly. Ya know limit myself or i'll skip today and drink tommorrow haha it never worked. I'm an alcoholic drinking even a drop really isnt an option for me. I fooled myself for a long long time. Keep in mind the past is in the past its done its over with nothing you can do to change it just move forward worry about today. Dont worry about tommorrow it aint happened yet todays got enough worries for ya to tackle.

Its awesome you realize your not capable of drinking in a civil fashion thats a big step! I've been sober the past 2 new years and dont regret it feel pretty good and better off even.

hang in there 1 day at a time is what it took for me to remain sober.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Lift
have you got a plan?

D
Old 01-01-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopefully a new you?

If you commit to sobriety, make changes in your life, find supports for yourself and work hard...your sobriety can be a certainty.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Welcome!