Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Blackouts - this will be my last one. Scared. Trying to get sober.

Notices

Blackouts - this will be my last one. Scared. Trying to get sober.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 007 View Post

I am also going to try and find some kind of alcohol recovery group. I am not a fan of AA though, I went to a meeting the other day, didnt find it helpful and frankly after what I have read about it, I don't think it's for me.
I can't help you then.

I will wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 007 View Post
So last week I blacked out. I had been to concert and had a few beer with a friend. We went our separate ways after the concert and he went home. I however went off out to some local pubs and bars and chatted to strangers. I ended up chatting to some guy about how we wanted to pick up some girls and so we decided to go to a club together to do just that.

So I remember going into a shop to get some more booze before we entered the club, ( I always want to drink enough and can't get enough, and want to do it cheaply)

So anyway, after this I have no recollection and wake up in the hallway of an apartment building. I have no idea how I got there. I have run the doorbells asking for the guy I was with and nobody knows. I lost my phone.

I feel really scared about what might have happened. I guess I may never get an answer, but i'm scared as to what I might have done.

Can anyone relate?

This is very similar to my original post from a month ago, except instead of waking up in an apartment building I came to in a jail cell in a city I had never been to in my life.

Well, I haven't had a drink in over a month and I feel pretty good about it. Like someone else said, there's no blackouts to deal with if you don't drink. I blacked out so many times in my life, I can't believe it took 15 years of abuse for me to realize I couldn't control my drinking.

Good luck to you, I think you know you need to stop and I really hope you remember where you've been anytime you're tempted to pick up a bottle again. What you know now, and what you might forget if the temptation is strong, is that you CANNOT and WILL NOT ever be able to control your drinking. You will always eventually end up back where you've been, whether its an unfamiliar apartment building, a hospital, a jail cell, or worse.

I'm not doing AA or support programs right now either, but I suggest you log in to the SR forums regularly. Read the experiences of others and reflect back on what brought you here, I really think it helps.