Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

"Who drinks in the mornings? I would never do that!" is what I used to say

Notices

"Who drinks in the mornings? I would never do that!" is what I used to say

Old 09-28-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I did not read all the replies so my apologies for any redundancy. I also did klonopin and booze. You need a medically supervised detox.

After detoxing read about AVRT.

Best to you xo
Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Question Re: "Who drinks in the mornings? I would never do that!" is what I used to say

No one person knows that premise all too well than the alcoholic. The part of me that once said “I’ll never do that” became inconsequential after my numerous relapses. After that, the morning fix became more of a routine than some abstract ideal. It was just one of a long line of broken promises I became accustomed too, because of my drinking. Single handedly, I couldn’t shake this disease for the life of me, but collectively we can overcome any obstacles -it’s just a matter of time.

You story, though, reminds me so much of myself. I never was convinced enough of my own alcoholism until I uncovered myself from beneath it. The heap of broken remains was just a causality in my own personal battlefield. It was like being in denial while suffering the fate only alcoholics are accustomed too. So from that standpoint I can relate. I had to suffer more torture than anyone should ever endure, and that was only the beginning. Today is a completely different vibe, however. I have no more regrets about drinking mainly because I don’t have those urges any more, but then again it’s just part of a daily reprieve I call ‘sober grace’. I couldn’t do this alone, though. I have a great network of friends who I call my sober connections. They’re the lifeblood of my sobriety without a doubt. So I need to learn from them as well. It’s a learning process for all of us, though. We don’t get this sobriety thing overnight, it requires a more delicate touch for some. So don’t get too caught up in the logistics anymore, just take it one day at a time as do we. Believe me, it’s worth all the effort.

We’re always here to help, -our promise to you. Welcome to Sober Recovery
Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR smalltowngirl

For me, I had to change my life - it was inevitable - my life revolved around drinking and drinking was something I did very badly.

My life is different now - very different - and it was scary - but it was also the ebst thing I ever did for myself.

I'm no longer in chains - it's as simple as that

You'll find a lot of support here...and I hope you'll consider getting some professional medical opinion...at least see a Dr?

D
Old 09-28-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

when the pain of getting drunk exceeded the pain of reality, when i was to the point of get help or take another drink and kill my self, when the desperation left me with those 2 choices, i walked into AA. it has been a blessing.
sobriety through AA has given me a life. no more exisiting, but actually living. having a life is something the disease of alcoholism had me believing it would give me, but it never happened. it is a liar.