Notices

I don't know where to go for help

Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well in bed now, trying to sleep, I feel like such a fraud when I say I've had enough, I'm sure that people that have been here a while have heard me say it one to many times now.

It's different now, it's changing, going end stage I guess, I was at the shop yesterday morning at half eight buying a bottle of wine, (not the first time recently) I mixed it in with some groceries, you know so I didn't look like quite the alkie I am, and as bad as I felt buying wine at 8.30 in the morning, I felt better when the man at the next check out bought half a bottle of vodka, he must be an alkie to I thought, it's not normal.

Ugg I've had enough now, its never ending, I'll look into some more of those numbers tomorrow, I need to do something new! My way just ain't working!

Sugarfix, I don't live on an estate, that's where the guy told me the alcohol help type place was, I live about ten miles from there, it's the only number I could find that was soposed to help in this area.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

here are some UK links & numbers that may be useful, Sax:

The National Alcohol Helpline-UK - Tel: 0800 917 8282
Offers help to callers worried about their own drinking; support to the family and friends of people who are drinking; advice to callers on where to go for help.

UK National AA Helpline
08457 697 555

SMART Recovery - SMART Recovery UK

Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) Great Britain

Addaction | Drugs & Alcohol Addiction and Recovery: Support - Help - Advice - Treatment

Alcohol services | Alcohol Concern

and some NHS links
Find more health services - Alcohol addiction support - NHS Choices

all of these will take more work and patience than picking up another two cans, Sax...but I hope you'll do it.

You deserve better and your family does too.

Have you spoken with your Dr at all?
D
Old 09-19-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saxony View Post
I feel like such a fraud when I say I've had enough, I'm sure that people that have been here a while have heard me say it one to many times now.
I think most of us that have been here for awhile have said that to ourselves many times....You sound like you are ready to committ to this....That's a good thing...Just remember....You don't have to do this alone.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back Sax....

All my best as you moove into a sober future
Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just a quick update, I can't get an appointment till next Tuesday with my doc, so I booked that, until then just trying to take it easy, I don't know if I really need detox, but I get so scared when I don't drink feels like I'm going to have a heart attack or something, I'm sure it's just anxiety though. So just trying to drink as little as possible so i don't feel like I might die till I can see him next week, thanks for all your kind words and help.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well you could have a heart attack. Or any number of life threatening things could happen. So it's good you're seeing your doctor. She/He should be able to give you some medication to help ease the symptoms you're explaining. You'll need to stop drinking then. No point in taking them but continuing to drink to ease anxiety.

Good luck!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just a quick update, I can't get an appointment till next Tuesday with my doc, so I booked that, until then just trying to take it easy, I don't know if I really need detox, but I get so scared when I don't drink feels like I'm going to have a heart attack or something, I'm sure it's just anxiety though. So just trying to drink as little as possible so i don't feel like I might die till I can see him next week, thanks for all your kind words and help.
I think that's smart....This is something that is really important...And you can't mess around with it. Your doctor will not be able to give you the correct help unless you are totally honest with him/her. Please...Don't hold anything back on your drinking history....For your own good.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

and get to aan AA meeting or 3 in the meantime? please? go and dont be afraid to say what you are going through and that you want help??? ask for phone numbers of others in recovery? please!

yer worth it and sobriety rocks!