Notices

really worried

Old 07-18-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

really worried

I m worrying at the moment that in a day or 2 ill reach for the bottle and its getting me down im gonna tell my bf not to give in to my temptations. And say no. Im worried when my other 2 kids come home that ill end up losing my temper and I dont wanna do that I might put myself into rehab coz I need to stop

I can feell the anxiety comin on and then the stupid thoughts begin and it scares me I want it alll to go away
Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hiya, did you ring the AA number?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

I havent had no credit on my phone givin em ring tomorrow
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

From what you have posted over these many months, I honestly believe that you will need professional help to stop drinking, dawnie. I don't say that as a criticism, but as an honest observation. I believe the very best thing you could do for yourself and your family is to go inpatient and get yourself fully detoxed and then go on to a rehab facility so you can learn how to live life sober.

At this point, you just have no idea how to live as a sober person and your first instinct when you feel uncomfortable is to reach for a drink. That just leads to more drinks and then you end up right back in that same place again. Rehab can give you the tools you will need for living a happy, sober life. Please do this. What you have been doing for so long has not worked and it is not going to just magically work now. You need to do something different. If nothing changes, dawnie, nothing changes.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Thanx sukki ill ring my gp tomorrow for an appoimtment and see what they can do for me I have days were I dont drink I have one night of drinkin then sober the next day then the night after I drink again.
I might actually go back to high level and tell them everything and ask for counselling and they will give me therapies
Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

just because someone doesn't drink every night doesn't mean there isn't a problem. you know if you have a problem or not.

I hope your GP is helpful -not sure how easy it is to just go into rehab. AA are there and are free.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA member

dawnie you can email AA for help.

[email protected] ...

You just seem to be putting off getting help.Things will not improve until you put the drink down.

I wish you well.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

i have found a meeting that i can get a taxi to on monday im definatley going to it
Old 07-18-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

thanx for email for aa im emailing them now
Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AA member

That is great news dawnie.Will look forward to hearing how it goes.

Keep on posting here,we want to know how you are doing.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

i will keep posting and ive sent the email to aa asking for help i need anger management too
Old 07-18-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good looking up Dawnie, keep going. You can do this.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Thanx sudz... Im really happy to have everyone on here for support
Old 07-18-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Good job Dawnie.. we are all rooting for you. We just want you to be sober and there for children. You can do it!!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Thanx britt I jus want, mt old self back before the anxiety I was so friendly
Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
Thanx britt I jus want, mt old self back before the anxiety I was so friendly
You will come back after you get that booze out of your system. My father was an alcoholic, and I HATED him. I'm almost 26 and just started a realationshiop with him a few years ago, because he chose booze over me when I was a kid. Don't do that to your kids. They need you. Go to rehab, get some help, and come back sober to your babies.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
i will keep posting and ive sent the email to aa asking for help i need anger management too
ok, dont take me wrong but i am laughin at this. i needed anger management too!!! man, was a whacked out angry man. i didnt even know what it was all about!
when i finally decided to get help, i went to AA. the 1st week i also started getting professional help for the anger thing. i was goin to 2 counseling sessions/wk and AA meetings 4/wk.
as the weeks went on, the fog was lifting and i noticed that with the professional help, i was doin a lot of talkin and hearing a lot of typing. not much for a reason or solution. but at the AA meetings i was hearing solutions( no, they werent sinkin in that easily) and in the BB i was seeing the solution( no, it didnt make sense). i eventually learned quite a bit about that anger. turns out i was quite a fear filled man!!!

dont take this as i am trying to sway you away from professional help. go for it!!! there are also online AA meetings you can hity up, too.

prayers yer way.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Live2Run25 View Post
You will come back after you get that booze out of your system. My father was an alcoholic, and I HATED him. I'm almost 26 and just started a realationshiop with him a few years ago, because he chose booze over me when I was a kid. Don't do that to your kids. They need you. Go to rehab, get some help, and come back sober to your babies.
I dont wanna be that parent to chose drink over my kids, ive been fighting for them for 3 yrs and im not giving up now if I lost them id end up dead somewhere coz id have nothin to live for
My mother drinks to help her sleep I wish she would get help coz I dont wanna lose her either
Old 07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
ok, dont take me wrong but i am laughin at this. i needed anger management too!!! man, was a whacked out angry man. i didnt even know what it was all about!
when i finally decided to get help, i went to AA. the 1st week i also started getting professional help for the anger thing. i was goin to 2 counseling sessions/wk and AA meetings 4/wk.
as the weeks went on, the fog was lifting and i noticed that with the professional help, i was doin a lot of talkin and hearing a lot of typing. not much for a reason or solution. but at the AA meetings i was hearing solutions( no, they werent sinkin in that easily) and in the BB i was seeing the solution( no, it didnt make sense). i eventually learned quite a bit about that anger. turns out i was quite a fear filled man!!!

dont take this as i am trying to sway you away from professional help. go for it!!! there are also online AA meetings you can hity up, too.

prayers yer way.
Recently when ive been drinking ive been aggressive towards my bf and I mean really mouthin at him swearin I tried hittin him for no reason my temper is horrific luckily he forgave me
Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It's a progressive disease... we end up biting the hand that reaches to help us.

All the best.

Bob R