Notices

Jittery and Heart Palps

Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jittery and Heart Palps

Hey Guys,
Thanks for everyone's help so far. I am new here and trying to get to the bottom of an issue. Everyone's been really educational, supportive and patient.

Does anyone else get jittery and feel like their heart is racing when their blood alcohol level hits zero, after a night drinking?

I started drinking when I was 25. At that time, I drank lots, often several times a week. I stopped drinking for a while, to make sure I was "keeping in control". Now I just drink once or twice monthly and just have a few cocktails when I do drink. But I keep getting these nasty symptoms, even if I just have 2 beers.

So I am trying to figure out if this is withdrawal, anxiety, something else, or simply normal! I had a medical evaluation which was fine and my doctor is telling me this is anxiety. But I don't think he knows as much about drinking as many people here!

Does anyone else get jittery and have their heart race a little, after the booze starts wearing off?

I don't mind the symptoms too much, but I am SO worried I am going to have a seizure. I read about kindling and it's freaking me out. Thanks everyone, you guys have been amazing!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

"I don't mind the symptoms too much, but I am SO worried I am going to have a seizure." Yeah same issue got worse and led to panic attacks worried i'd have a seizure or a heart attack i read about people who even went to the ER thinking they'd die. When it was nothing more then too much booze again.
Lets assume its alcohol related drink more it'll get worse drink less it'll get better. The simple common sense answers apply IE its nto good for you dont do it etc.. You eat to much cake you'll gain weight you smoke theres a greater chance you'll get cancer you steal you'll go to jail. etc...

I know a lot of drunks that have the same problems. They keep swearing the booze is helping the ailments. Ya cant win it cures it for a period then it comes back with a vengence even worse as time goes on. Reality the problems the booze to begin with.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us feel that way - but thats no reason not to go and get a second opinion if you feel at all concerned

D
Old 06-18-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

This is too confusing.....to have 2 threads running
by the same member on the same subject.

So I'm closeing this one in favor of the first....please click here to find it

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-help.html

Thanks