Notices

on day 3 of detox. tryin to hang in there

Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The first week seems to be the worst so you're over the worst of it now. Take good care of your health too, good food, exercise, fresh air, and rest.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

And if you feel like drinking you can come back to this thread and it will remind you of those five days you spent detoxing, and then you can say "ummm naw I don't think that's really an option"
Old 06-22-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You sound just like me...with the detoxing..luckily i had xanax to help me through it.. i was prescribed xanax a year ago for severe anxieity disorder... its a very small dose..only .25 mg 1x per day...but a months Rx would last me 6 months (mind you i never took it while i was drinking).. when i decided to finally stop about 4 days ago..oh the first day was aweful and i had to take a xanax... wound up taking 2 that day..then 1.5 the next..then 1.. now im down to half my dosage on day 4... it does help, for me anyway..but stick with what your doctor gave you..your doing great!!!!! keep it up!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notmyrealname View Post
And if you feel like drinking you can come back to this thread and it will remind you of those five days you spent detoxing, and then you can say "ummm naw I don't think that's really an option"
You are so right about that. Even though I've had no urges to drink so far, I've been going back and reading this thread daily to just remind myself what I've been through but to also make myself proud for sticking through it! Tomorrow will be one week for me!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SO proud of you fancycat - we knew you'd make it. It'll just keep getting better.