Notices

on day 3 of detox. tryin to hang in there

Old 06-18-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

on day 3 of detox. tryin to hang in there

Hello, new here. Im currently on day 3 of at home detox after a month long binge of daily drinking. I spent the first day in the er and was sent home with librium (10 mg, 1 pill 3 times a day). Its been mostly helping with the severity of my anxiety and tremors. Day 2 wasn't as bad. Day 3 has been hell on earth so far though. Sweating, sick to my stomach, anxiety, horrible fatigue. The librium is luckily keeping me from drinking or going over the edge. I hear alot that the third day can be the toughest, so im tryin to hang in there. Sleep has been hell too, suffering from the crazy nightmares weird slight twitching riht as i fall asleep.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Yes the first 3 days are tough. But hang in there. Sober life really is worth it. I can't express how great it is to have the monkey off of my back.
Fred
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Don't be afraid to go back to the hospital if you have to. Don't drink on librium it could be dangerous. I wish you the best. I hope you feel better soon
Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Detoxing at home can still be dangerous even after visiting ER.. Try to be under medical supervision for few more days... Go back to ER , if you feel any bad symptoms like rapid heart beats, Sweating, Confusion etc ..

I read some where in a book. Drinking one unit under Librium/Valium is equal to 4 units .. PLEASE .. DO NOT DRINK with Librium. It is double edge sword ...It will make your next detox worst than hell. Hang in there but with proper medical care .. Best of Luck
Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

Please read this link...it has info and some of our detox experiences

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Good advice from all the members who posted ahead of me
and this can be the last time you do this if you quit drinking.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just wanna say that i made it through day 3. Day 4 is indeed a bit better. I slept for the first time last night since starting my detox. A full ten hours! Which is also the first sober sleep I've had in over a month. I feel pretty good about that. Day four has consisted so far of still some anxiety, slight muscle spasms in my legs, and an upset stomach. But thats about it. Here's to getting to day 5 now
Old 06-19-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi fancy. Glad to have you with us! I experienced those feelings, too - and plenty more. It was definitely something I don't care to repeat. Each day was a little better, though, and before I knew it I was feeling hope and excitement for the future. It had been a long time since I'd been enthusiastic about anything.

Keep on talking to us - let us know how it's going. Proud of you!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there my friend. I know as a fact that I couldn't have survived a binge of a month. It took me only 4 days of binge drinking hard liquor 10 months ago to really feel the effects of drinking hard in that short amount of time. I swear had I drank one more day I might have died from alcohol poisoning or something else seeing I am a diabetic and shouldn't be drinking excessively like that. The withdrawal (detox) was hell for sure. I was afraid to go to sleep because it felt like my heart was skipping beats from the excessive drinking in a short amount of time. Sweats even though I was living in a basement room with air conditioning I still sweated alot. Just keep with it! You'll soon come to realize how MUCH you've been missing in life.

I know as a fact that had I not quit drinking 10 months ago. I wouldn't be in lvoe with my girlfriend today whose never ever seen me drink or pick up a drink ever. She was told of my alcoholism 2 weeks ago and she accepted it and supports which I love about her, shes very caring so I know I'll never harm her by drinking again, if anything I'll just do good for her keep it up! Its worth the fight for sure because in the end you'll win by being sober but also have to keep in mind that its an everyday thing to stay sober
Old 06-19-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good work, and keep on going fancycat. I'm only 10 days in to being sober right now (again) and I am so, so grateful for every sober minute! Just think -- we could have a lifetime of this.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Great job fancy! Woo hoo!

The path is well trodden ahead of you and even though it may seem so at times, it isn't all uphill. Thanks for reminding me that while I made it the last time, I don't want any more climbing. Over on the downslope and level part is now my preference. Join me.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great work hang in there brother! I am right there with you.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm 48 hours in myself.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day five has arrived and i have tosay that i finally feel great! The only symptom i really have is lingering anxiety. But all of my withdrawal symptoms are gone. I went for a mile long walk this morning and it was like a whole new world for me i am so greatful i stuck with it. I still have o ne more day of librium to take. Then begins my journey of continuing a sober lifestyle. Thanks to u all for your continued support!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A spiritual guru once said: “If you only have time to either meditate or exercise, always choose the exercise.” The reason he said that is because exercise includes meditation, but has additional benefit as well. My best meditation sessions have always been while exercising. Not that meditation is useless…it is just that exercise is usually superior for most people (though they hate to admit it due to laziness!).
Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sounds great that you are hanging in there! The first 5 days or so are no doubt the worst, but from here on out you should be home free!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day six and going strong. I feel fully detoxed now finally (no more physical withdrawal symptoms). Which is finally a relief. Im just starting to deal with the mental aspect of things now. I luckily have no urge to drink, but my anxiety is pretty rough today. I went for another walk and am just trying to keep my mind occupied. Exercise is definitely going to be a huge part of my recovery plan. One day at a time
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You can do this! YOU are bigger than IT!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes you can do it.
I know it's cliche but if I can do it u can too
I was hopeless
Now almost a year
One amazingyear
Old 06-21-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Fancycat, you can thrill to the knowledge that you will never go through that withdrawal hell ever again. All that other stuff that alcoholics have to do while drinking too? Also over with. Well done.

Open your senses, your heart and mind, to this beautiful world you live in. It is your turn now.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Great job sticking with it!!